XXI.

She felt hands behind her back.

She looked up and saw Jonah's concerned eyes.

She wiped her tears before pulled out an awkward laugh, "Hey, I didn't hear you're back. I thought you were out."

Jonah nodded, "Yeah. I bought us apple pie. You want it?"

Ali moved her lips, "I'll eat it later."

Jonah went silence and was just looking at her like he was trying to solve a code,

"What's wrong?" He asked.

Wiped her tears again, she answered, "Nothing. Nothing's wrong."

"You're lying." Jonah simply stated.

"How could I lied to you? I said nothing means nothing."

Jonah exhaled, "What's wrong?"

She looked at him like he grew two heads. He was still looking at her with his piercing green eyes.

"Shawn happened." She whispered.

"Who?"

"Shawn. My ex."

Jonah went silent, "Oh."

"He asked me where I have been, he asked me about my school, he even asked me about Rizha. He talked to me like he never broke my heart. He asked me personal things like we're never have a bad blood.

And what hurts the most is, how easily he asked me to 'hang out' with him and his girlfriend."

"Freaking bastard." Jonah muttered.

Ali snorted, "He is."

"Stop crying." Jonah encouraged her, "He's not worth your tears. If I meet him, I'd kick and burn his ass down."

Ali laughed a bit, for real this time, "You can't. He's a judo master."

"The fuck I care." Jonah snorted, then smiled, "See, I make you laugh."

Ali stopped laughing, "Of course I laughed. You talk like you're really going to kick and burn his ass down with that accent."

"What accent?"

"That I'd kick and burn his ass down accent. You German are silly when it comes to speak English."

Jonah's expression turned serious, "I'd really kick and burn his ass down. Watch me."

Ali smiled sincerely, she put her hand on his hand, "Thank you."

Jonah changed his expression and smiled back, he grabbed her hand, "You're always welcome."

Oh, how Ali missed this person.