XV.

"I realized I know nothing about you."

"Why did you suddenly get interested in me?" Jonah teased.

Ali leaned her back beside him, "I'm not saying I got interested with you."

"Kidding." He smiled, "What do you wanna know?"

"I don't know? Basic things like family, hobby?"

"Well I'm the youngest one in my family. My dad is German and my mom is French. I have a brother who is already married and I have this cute little niece Sarah. Let me show you on my phone."

"Cute. How old is she?"

"She's only seven but she's very smart. You have no idea."

"Well my youngest brother is only nine and he's annoying. You have no idea."

Jonah laughed, "All kids are like that."

"True. So you're mixed?"

"Not exactly. I meant I'm totally white from both sides."

"But you have this kind foreign feature I can't tell."

"Haha, what is it?"

"I don't know. I can't tell." Ali looked at his face, "There's something. Probably because of your beard?"

"What's with my beard?"

"Like you're a mixed of something other than white. Not all whites good with beard you know. I'm not being racist, by the way."

"So you're saying I look good with beard?"

"Not like that."

"Come on, no one's here. No one would judge you."

Ali looked at the floor, "Okay. You looked good with beard."

Jonah chuckled, "See? Nothing's wrong with complimenting someone."

"I don't compliment."

"Neither do I."

Ali threw a cushion on him, "But you're seeking for compliment, you cocky bastard."

Now Jonah was laughing so hard, "I like to be reminded that I'm good-looking."

Ali rolled her eyes, "Ew, nah."

"Okay, okay ." Jonah stopped laughing, although there was still an amusement in his eyes, "So what feature you're talking about?"

Ali looked at Jonah's face again, trying to study his face. Trying to find what makes him different with the typical white European.

But she can't.

She was too fascinated by his green eyes that bored into her, stared back at her like he was searching for something inside her own brown eyes. Like he was calling her to expose all her secrets.

"I don't know...." She suddenly whispered.

Jonah raised his eyebrow, "Why don't you know?"

"I think....." Unknowingly, Ali brought her hand to trace Jonah's face,

"Your ancestor could be from Middle East. I mean......"

"You mean?" Jonah asked slowly, body shifted closer.

"I mean.... Just look at those eyes...." Jonah closed his eyes when Ali's soft fingers were grazing his eyes,

"That nose..." Ali's hand stopped at his lips,

"Those lips."

"What about my lips?" Jonah whispered huskily.

"It completes you. You've got that Middle Eastern - European vibe." Ali answered silently, eyes still on his lips.

"Hm?"

"Well...." Ali grazed her fingers on his lips, "You looked good. Too good."

Before she could stop herself, she mumbled, "I wonder how it tastes like."