Such hardcore phrasing hit Ayana hard, almost going over her head until she made the connection in her head. "Why did I say that?" 

She knew that no one else would've said 'No' like she did, but only she knew what actually happened that day when Evan lost his temper... and it deserved a 'No'. Taking a new bite of her chocolate, she responded, 

"Well, let me start by saying that it wasn't to save your butt if that's what you're thinking. I said what I said... because it was true. You didn't kill him."

"Ayana, really? I can't believe that," Evan asserted. "I mean... I know what I did..."

"Look, Evan. Yes, he died, but it was not murder. He died after the incident, but that was more from things he did to himself than what you did. He was a terrible person, and you just... accelerated the inevitable. (pause) Are you happy now?"

Evan was pleased; however, it was more of a bittersweet pleasure. While he was glad to not be a technical murderer in her eyes, her somewhat depressant attitude toward the subject was... well, depressing. Her face when talking about it was just as bad, too - more emotive and probably more truthful than her words. Evan would've tried to continue the conversation if he didn't notice the little lady's descent into a caffeine crash, 

"You tired, girl?"

The overdose of sugar initiated its secondary effects on Ayana's body, shifting from a high to a low. Yet, she wasn't down enough to not notice the thick bedspread sliding up her skin up to her shoulders... that she wasn't causing herself. 

"What... *yawn* are you doing? You know I... *yawn* c-can't stay here..."

"Yes, you can," Evan retorted. "Look at you. You can barely move... and if I... if I don't even know where everyone is, relevant to here, then how will you?"

"Oh, I don't know... maybe because I freaking came from there!? I've just... ugh, I've got to... urgh..." She attempted pushing the linens off herself, but they would barely budge... and it wasn't because she was puny. Her body was finally rejecting it... and she hated it.

"See? You. Need. Rest. Don't fight it, Ayana. Just take it. You need comfort, and I—" He stopped himself before saying something he'd - despite it being truthful - regret, even though the idea was becoming more obvious by the second. "—the bed will give it to you—"

"Evan, please. I will NOT stay here." "And there's no way in hell I'm staying here with you." "I just— Evan, just get me down on the floor, and I'll find a way to—"

"No. No, you're not," Evan demanded, out of nowhere, opening Ayana's almost fully closed eyes in a flash. 

Ripping back the covers he had sweetly tucked her under before, he pushed himself up, placed a heavy hand by each side of the girl - each one almost as long as she was tall - and swung his beefy body over the bed, ending in a sturdy, table-like stance arching over her for control. Not of her per se but for her, in his eyes.

Meanwhile, Ayana couldn't help but notice the clear resemblance to her past. "So... it's... it's finally come to this. He waited all of this time until we were alone to do anything... and I can't move. Damn, he really is just like his father." All she could do was watch the mountain of flesh above her... and wait.

"You're tired, and I'm tired that you're fighting how tired you are. You're gonna lay here, you're gonna sleep, whether I'm still in this bed or not, and you're gonna like it because you freaking deserve it!" 

Evan, through the shadow he now cast over her, took note of her mixed expressions now, guessing all the negative thoughts probably flowing through her head now and frowning at them.