Chapter 14

I stand on the porch of the pack house watching as bikes and huge hummers pull up into the drive. Sam takes his helmet off and makes his way towards me. He smiles and bows then straightens and stands to my left. Kyle close to my right. The door to the middle hummer opens up and Max steps out. 

"Skye!" He yells. I smile and step down off the porch and hug him. I hear Kyle growl and I shake my head. Annamarie steps out and smiles at me.

"Annie." I smile and pull her into a hug. Quinn smiles at me as he pulls his helmet off and hugs me.

"This is a pleasant change of scenery."Annie says.

"I always preferred your view." I say.

"What the ocean?" Quinn teases.

"Always the ocean it's gorgeous. I love Georgia don't get me wrong but I love the oceans in California." I say. Quinn and Annie look at each other and laugh I shake my head.

"This is Kyle." I say. Annamarie looks at me and her eyes go wide she bows and slaps the boys and they do the same.

"There is no point in that." Kyle says.

"Sorry I would have done it sooner it's just that I didn't realize who you were." Annamarie says.

I shake my head and Kyle looks at me amused.

"At least someone appreciates me." Kyle says. I shake my head and Max throws his head back laughing.

"Skye never really appreciates anything especially the finer things." Max laughs. I turn on my heel and head inside the house and everyone starts putting plates on the table. I grab a few things and set them out onto the table to help them out. I grab a bottle of red wine and sit down at the head of the table and crack it open. The doors open and Max walks in.

"Kyle seems different." Max says.

"From what?" I ask.

"From the kid I remember. I met him when he was younger. He was balls to the walls. Poor Henry had his hands full." Max says.

"Yeah I know I can read. I also know about the many parties that he had and the women he has been with. I know what he did before me doesn't matter, but some days it makes my skin crawl." I say.

"That's what Annie said about me and it all turned out ok. I mean besides the face that she maimed someone because she got to close to me. I mean that was something else." Max laughs.

"I haven't done that yet, and thankfully I don't think I will have to." I say.

"Does he know you and Quinn had a fling?" Max ask.

"No and we don't mention it unless someone else slips up." I say. "He knows about Adam."

"Wow how did that happen?" Max ask. He takes the bottle of wine and pours himself a glass and brings it to his lips.

"I told him. Adam was still my beta at the time I had no choice but to tell him. Then as soon as I tell Kyle Adam and Hanna tell me Adam is leaving like OK." I bring the glass up to my lips and drink.

"Yeah I heard. Quinn was in Kaidan's territory when all that happened. Everyone was talking but you know how gossip is it is so much worse further away until you actually hear it" Max says.

"Where is Annie, Quinn, and Kyle?" I ask.

"Annie wanted to lie down and Quinn wanted to go to the gym so naturally Sam and Kyle took him." Sam says as he brings the glass up to his lips.

"Max!" I yell. I slam the glass down and hall ass out of the house towards the gym. As I near I hear yelling and growling. I make it around the corner just as I see Quinn thrown out of the window.

"Well shit." Max says. He looks at me with a grin on his face holding up a glass of wine. "Hope Quinn makes me proud, but I have a sneaking suspicion he is about to get his ass beat." Max takes another swallow of his wine with a smile on his face.

"Cheers. Let the best man win." I shake my head and look at the carnage in front of me.

"The fuck."

******

Hope you like it so far. Much loves.