Chapter 4 (Last)

You had no idea where you were going to go at this time of the night. It was cold outside and you didn't even have enough money to book a hotel room for yourself.

You cursed the moment you had decided to leave. You could have just waited till the morning.

You were blinded by the fog when suddenly a car hit you.

Everything blacked out.

You knew this was it.

You were going to die

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"How are you feeling?" Ryder asked as you opened your eyes.

You could see that he'd been crying for a long time.

"Where am I?" you asked.

"In the hospital," he said running his fingers through your hair.

You looked away. Even though you'd had an accident, you clearly remembered everything that had happened the night before.

Ryder's tear fell on your arm. He quickly wiped it away.

"I'm so sorry," he whispered. You didn't want to respond.

"I know I have hurt you a lot and its okay if you don't forgive me but please listen to me?" he said shaking you.

"Is there anything left to listen to," you asked. "Yes.." he paused as if trying to gather the words he wanted to use.

"I love you. I really really do but things are different now. Ever since I joined the company, they've changed me. The way I used to be is not what they wanted. They wanted me to be different for the fans. No matter how hard I fight it, I have to live with it. It's a part of me now. One thing, however that hasn't changed is my love for you. When you were leaving my heart ached. I cursed myself for treating you like this. I know I have hurt you a lot in the past few days but if you leave me like this I will never change. I will remain a cold hearted person. And the only person who can change me is you. I'm nothing without you. You have no idea how I spent the whole last night. I was devastated seeing you in this condition. I was such an idiot for making this mistake. It's my fault that you're in this hospital right now and I will never forgive myself for this." he held your hand.

"I need you in my life, Kathlien. Please don't go," he said as a tear rolled down his cheek.

You were crying too now.

This is the best he had done in the past one month. You couldn't say no. You loved him too much. He pulled you towards himself and hugged you.

"I promise I will change and I will never make you feel unloved ever again. Just don't go away from my life please. I can't live without you."

"I won't" you whispered.

You pulled away and looked at him. He looked so tired and worn out.

He suddenly kissed you. It was a pleasant surprise you'd been longing for.

"I can't believe what an idiot I was for letting you go."

"You're not an idiot" you said placing your hand on his cheek.

"My Ryder can never be an idiot."

He hugged you again and kissed you on your forehead. You had seen this look on his face before. It was the same one from three months ago. A part of him was back.

Now, the only thing you wished for was for him to be himself again. Be the Ryder you loved.