Night One

You take a deep breath as the elevator doors close. This is your first night on the job, and you don't want to mess this up.

The people you called for this job oddly accepted you right away. They didn't ask any questions. They just told you the location and the time to be there.

You check your watch. The time changes to 12:00 AM. The start of the night shift.

You stumble as the elevator jerks down suddenly. As the elevator sorts itself out and glides smoothly down, you stand up and brush off your clothes. You're not making that mistake again.

You are startled as a male voice starts speaking. "Welcome to the first day of your exciting new career! Whether you were approached at a job fair, read our ad in Screws, bolts, and hairpins, or if this is the result of a dare, we welcome you."

You were actually approached at a job fair, plus you were sort of desperate for money. They told you that you'd be earning $120 a week.

Sounds good to you.

"I will be your personal guide to help you get started. I'm a model 5 of the Handyman's Robotics and Unit Repair System. But, you can call me 'Hand-Unit.' Your new career promises challenge, intrigue, and endless janitorial opportunities."

A yellow keypad pops up. It has eyes attached to it, plus a tiny sheet of paper that just has the name "MIKE" on it. "Please enter your name as seen above the keypad. This cannot be changed later, so, please be careful."

You approach the keypad and realize that the green letters are constantly glitching back and forth. There's no way you can type in your name. Sighing, you try anyway.

You type the first letter of your name. You're not sure if you hit the correct key, but one dot appeared at the top. You try for the second letter of your name. You set off two letters instead. This is getting ridiculous. You know you're not gonna get the correct name, so you start pressing random keys.

The keypad is now replaced with the word "error." "It seems that you had some trouble with the keypad." Hand Unit says. "I see what you were trying to type, and I will auto correct it for you. One moment." You sigh and lower your head.

"Welcome... Eggs Benedict!"

You chuckle to yourself. 

The elevator jerks to a stop. Loosening your grip from the cold bar, you're glad you braced yourself. Cute, happy elevator music plays.

The lights flicker off. "You can now open the elevator using that bright, red, and obvious button. Let's get to work!"

You press the button and the doors slid open at speeds you are slightly concerned about. There's a vent at the bottom of the cement wall. Above it has yellow danger tape.

You're starting to have second thoughts about this job.

You kneel down and crawl through the vent, the cold metal feeling good on your warm, sweaty hands. Hand Unit blabs away. "Allow me to fill this somewhat frightening silence with some lighthearted banter. Due to the massive success, and, even more so, the unfortunate closing of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, it was clear that the stage was set - no pun intended - for another contender in children's entertainment. Unlike most entertainment venues, our robotic entertainers are rented out for private parties during the day, and it's your job to get the robots back in proper working order before the following morning."

You almost fall asleep in the middle of this vent.

You reach a wooden walled room. There's huge fan in front of you, blocked off by a metal grid. You shiver. You've always had a thing for fans. You're not afraid of them, but they make you slightly uncomfortable. Above the fan is a white clown mask with a red nose and yellow party hat. There's a light giving off a green hue, lighting up the room. There are huge windows on your left and right. In front of those windows, there are keypads that have two buttons; a blue button with a sun icon and a red button with a lightning bolt. There are also vents in front of you, on your left, and your right, all marked with concerning "Danger!" tape.