Night Three

You take a deep breath as the elevator doors close. This is your third night on the job, and you don't want to mess this up.

Hand Unit speaks. "Welcome back to another pivotal night of your thriving new career, where you get to really ask yourself; what am I really doing with my life? What would my friends say? And, most importantly, Will I ever see my family again?"

You chuckle to yourself. These are the questions you ask yourself everyday.

"We understand the stresses of a new job, and we're here for you! To help you reach a more stable and relaxing frame of mind, we offer several musical selections to help make this elevator ride as relaxing and therapeutic as possible. We offer contemporary jazz, classical, rain forest ambiance, as well as a wide selection of other choices. Using the keypad below, please type the first few letters of the musical selection you would prefer."

The yellow keypad pops up. When will they fix this damn thing? you think to yourself. You know you won't get the thing you want, so you just press on the keypaad.

The error pops up. "It seems you had some trouble with the keypad. I see what you were trying to type, and I will autocorrect it for you. Thank you for selecting... Casual Bongos."

You chuckle once more. The bongos start playing. You move your shoulders to the the beat. It's kind of catchy.

"Now that your elevator experience has been customized to your needs, and you're thoroughly relaxed, it's worth mentioning that due to your lackluster performance yesterday, your pay has been decreased by a substantial amount. Please enjoy the rest of your descent."

You stop dancing. Your paycheck is docked? Your life was on the line!

Right at the last minute, you remember the clunky stop and grab the railing in the nick of time.

You start crawling through the vent and Hand Unit talks. "Due to unforeseen malfunctions form today's shows, your nightly duties will require you to perform maintenance that you may or may not be skilled enough to perform. It became necessary for technicians to attempt to disconnect Funtime Freddy's power module; however, they were unsuccessful. Allowing them to try again would be an inefficient path forward, as we would need to allow 6-8 weeks for recovery and physical therapy."

You stop in your tracks. Recovery? Physical therapy? What can that robot do to people? You reach the Primary Control Module.

"You will need to reach the Parts & Service room on the other side of Funtime Auditorium to perform the procedure yourself. Let's check on Ballora first and make sure she's on her stage."

You click on the light key. Your mouth hangs open in disgust and shock. Ballora is taken apart, her mini companions holding her torso - arms attached-, her head, her tutu, and her left leg. The right leg is still standing upright on the stage.

You draw back from the keypad in fear. "Great," Hand Unit says, dismissing the unnatural occurrence. "It looks like everything is as it should be in Ballora Gallery. Let's check on Funtime Foxy. It's important to make sure she's on her stage before entering."

You dismiss the fact that Funtime Foxy is actually revealed to be a girl, still hazed from Ballora. You press the button for the light. The stage is empty. You get ready to shock Foxy so she can get back to the stage.

"Great," Hand Unit says. "It looks like everything is as it should be in Funtime Auditorium. There is no need to check on Baby tonight. Please refrain from entering unauthorized areas. Proceed directly to Funtime Auditorium."

The vent to Funtime Auditorium is open. You crouch down to go into the vent when your eyes catch the vent ahead of you to Circus Gallery. It's open.