Night Five

SORRY FOR MAKING YOU GUYS WAIT SO LONG FOR NIGHT FIVE! I KINDA LOST MOTIVATION...

You take a deep breath as the elevator doors close. This is your fifth night on the job, and you don't want to mess this up.

You check your watch. The time changes to 12:00 AM. The start of the night shift.

You're still shaken from last night. Why did the robots kidnap you? Why did Baby tell you those things? You take a deep, shaky breath.

"Welcome back to your last day on the job."

Hand Unit's sudden blurt of welcome snaps you out of your daze.

"That is, the last day of your first week. Some of the most valued qualities that we like to see in new employees are determination, fearlessness, and a genuine disregard for instinctive self-preservation.

"You've earned your one week bonus which will be given to you in the form of a delightful gift basket, the cost of which will be taken out of your next paycheck. We have gift baskets containing fruit, nuts, flowers, and of course, the ever-popular cash basket."

Oh, a gift basket? You smile, despite the fact the basket will be taken out of your paycheck. "Using the keypad below, please enter the first few letters of the gift basket you would like to receive."

You have to enter in what you want in the keypad? You sigh and randomly press a button. You aren't going to get what you want anyway. The error pops up.

"It seems you had some trouble with the keypad. I see what you were trying to type, and I will auto correct it for you."

Typical. What is it this time?

"Thank you for selecting... Exotic Butters."

You double over laughing, forgetting about the world around you. Exotic butters? What is that? Why is that an option?

You forgot about the sudden halt of the elevator. The elevator jerks to a stop and you fall on your face. You get up and brush yourself off and press the red button to open the elevator. Nose slightly sore, you crouch down and crawl through the vent.

As you crawl, Hand Unit talks. "Please be aware that there are still two technicians on site today. Try to avoid interfering with their work, if possible. Also, feel free to ask them why they are still there, and encourage them to go home."

Are they the two technicians from last night? You thought they left after they put Ballora on the scooping machine. You reach the Primary Control Module.

"Let's check on Ballora, and make sure she's on her stage."

You press the blue button and are instantly horrified at the image you see. Night three doesn't closely compare to this!

There's a shadow of a man, who you can only assume is one of the technicians, being projected onto Ballora's stage.

And the man is hung with a rope.

You back away. What did they do to him?

"Great," Hand Unit dismisses. "Now, let's check on Funtime Foxy."

You press the button to turn on the light, praying to whatever God you believe in that the other technician isn't hung on Funtime Foxy's stage.

Your hopes are dashed as the second hung technician's shadow is projected onto the stage.

You back away from the keypad, hyperventilating. "Great. It looks like everything is as it should be in Funtime Auditorium." You look towards the ceiling and motion towards the window despite the fact Hand Unit cannot see you or react.