Every robotic step of the way

*Full comic at the end*

Marshall Lee sat on the familiar white couch, looking around at the different gadgets on the walls and tables. He'd been to this house many times, for the person who owned it was the best scientists/doctors around. His official lab was pretty far away from where Marshall lived so it was pretty hard for him to get there regularly under his condition. Luckily the scientist lived in his neighborhood and was acquaintances with him even before his accident. It just so happened he also loved to test his new inventions on people.

Marshall glanced down at his legs, felling a little gloomy. Only a handful of months had passed since he'd lost them but he still wasn't used to them being gone. Most of the time it still felt like the parts were there, until he quickly realized there was no shin present to itch. He inspected the pale scars crawling up his thigh and calf. Instead of ending in nubs, his legs had a white metal piece attached to them, making them able to connect to whatever new prosthetic part Barnaby had created. Speaking of, Marshall's self wallowing was interrupted by a tall man with pink hair.

"Sorry about that, had an important phone call. So, where were we?" He clapped his hands together happily and pulled a stool over to Marshall. "Let's see here..." Barnaby leaned in and planted his fingers gingerly on the metal piece on his right thigh, inspecting Marshall's healing. After he inspected his left calf, he smiled and removed his ticklish hands. "Well, it seems you're legs have healed completely and thankfully haven't rejected the new attachment piece. Have you been feeling any pain with it?" He asked, looking up at him.

Marshall stuttered on his words but nonetheless replied, "N-no, not really."

Barnaby looked back down, examining the metal on his left calf. "That's good to hear. See? I promised you it wouldn't hurt," he beamed. Marshall just awkwardly laughed. Glob, why did this guy have such ticklish hands? He imagined them touching other parts of his body and instantly felt his face heat up. Marshall cursed at himself internally and blocked out those images. While trying to rid his mind of dirty thoughts he quickly realized that Barnaby had said something and was waiting for a reply.

He blinked. "What?"

Barnaby chuckled. "I asked how you were doing emotionally. Losing your legs isn't exactly an easy thing to get over, neither is a bad accident. Are you coping well?"

Marshall shrugged. "I guess so. Sucks having to be in a wheelchair all the time. And to, you know, not have legs." He didn't really care that much, it was just one of those things. Yeah, getting in a bad motorcycle accident wasn't fun and having to get his legs amputated was a bit of an inconvenience, but it wasn't something that he cried about at night. Marshall was pissed at first, knowing he wouldn't have his own legs anymore, but he quickly got over it since there was nothing he could do about it. He wasn't really one to dwell upon those sort of things. Besides, some good things came out of it.

That's how he found Barnaby. The doctor had done the surgeries on him and was there for his healing process. He'd put the cast on his arm, nurtured his burns and stitches. Pretty much saved his life. He was also secretly experimenting with new types of prosthetics and wanted to try them out on Marshall. And how could he say no to a super hot smart dude? His legs were already fucked anyway, why not try it out?

"Well hopefully you won't have to get around on wheels anymore. I've perfected these new legs just for you." He smiled excitedly. "Want to see them?" Marshall's stomach fluttered and he wasn't sure if it was from the doctor's smile, or the thought of having cool new robo-legs. Either way, he nodded happily. "Let me go fetch them." He patted Marshall's one knee before he stood and left the room.

As he watched the doctor leave, he started to feel a little nervous. What if these legs didn't even work? He'd have to be that person going around in the bulky wheelchair. Or he guessed if they didn't work, he could get regular, normal prosthetics like they used in the way past. They were shitty and uncomfortable looking, but they were cheap nowadays. Then again, thanks to this crazed scientist guy, he had weird metal pieces fused to his legs, nerves, and bones. So, that wouldn't exactly work out... He hoped the robo-legs would function properly.