Chapter 3

"You wanna go out tonight?" Rudy asked after cleaning the kitchen in their apartment.

"Y'all go out too much. Stay in the house sometimes." Alexis' boyfriend said.

"Don't you have work in the morning? The only time I go out is when I'm getting paid for it. But Rudy if you want to then we can. It's not like I'm doing anything else." She was annoyed.

"Fuck it, I'm gone." He stood up off the couch.

"Bye." Alexis kicked the air.

"Girl, why do you fuck with his lame ass? He hella weird." Rudy spoke up once he left.

"I don't know. I invited him over cause we haven't had sex in like two months and I was feeling some type of way today, but he didn't want to do nothing."

"It's not like y'all have sex often anyway. Better call up what's his face." Rudy sat down next to Alexis on the couch.

"I did, the same night he gave me his number. He read it the next morning and didn't say shit back." She shrugged, not caring about it anymore.

"Buy a vibrator then." Rudy laughed.

Alexis shook her head and then went into her room to find something to wear to the club. She picked out a lavender colored dress and then she went into the bathroom for a shower. Her hair was pinned up as she rubbed a sponge over her brown skin. When she got done, she moisturized her body and plugged up her flat irons. After wiping the steamy, fogged mirror Alexis began straightening her long weave.

"Take my picture." Rudy came in the bathroom wearing a black skirt with a Thrasher top.

"Give me a second." Alexis put water on her edges and brushed her leave out down.

After dabbing a little perfume on her wrists, she went into the living room to take a picture of her best friend. Rudy posed with her tongue out showing off her outfit. Once she took a few pictures, they stood in the full body mirror and snapped a few together. Both of them threw up their hoods and smiled for the pictures.

"Best friend, you look so cute when you decide to dress girly." Rudy laughed.

"I should do it more often, but I love my bandanas and Jordan's." Alexis grabbed a pair of heels.

"Let's try going to a different spot tonight. Angie told me about this nice club, they got good food and everything." Rudy finger combed her hair.

"Cool, we can ride in my car." Alexis made sure she had everything.

They left the house and Alexis got in the drivers seat. Rudy gave Alexis directions to the club as she smoked. Since Alexis wasn't a smoker, she coughed from the strong weed smell. About thirty minutes later, they had arrived. The club was already packed and it wasn't even that late in the night yet. Since the main lot was full, Alexis had to park across the street where you had to pay.

"You gotta pay for parking?" She sighed as she reached in her purse.

After giving the attendant the parking fee, she received a ticket and found a spot to park in. Her and Rudy then got out the car and checked each other's outfit before they proceeded to the long line. The line was wrapped around the building and Alexis became irritated because she normally is let right in when she goes out.

"Alexis! Cheyenne!" Someone from the front of the line screamed.

"Who the fuck is calling my government name?" Rudy stepped out of line to see who was calling her.

Their friend Angie had spotted them and she began waving her hand around to catch their attention. The two of them happily went to the front of the line to stand with her. Only a few people were ahead of them so they pulled out their money and ID's to enter the club.