Part 12

Baylee and I got inside third period. Mr.Reidmon gave us both his signature grin. I nodded and smiled and slid in the door. I put my book-bag down in my chair. I turned around and instantly I was hugged. My eyes grew big and I looked at who was hugging me.

She was an African girl with her hair pulled in a curly updo on top of her head. She was wearing sandals and a some short capris. I hugged her back as she said,

"Hey girl." She let go while holding me by the shoulders.

I was still shooken up by her sudden embrace, but I said, "Uh, hi."

She smiled and said, "I'm Nykierra."

"Oh, well I'm Izabella, but call me Izii." I said.

She smiled, and I noticed she was really sweet. Well, I thought.

Nykierra eventually found out about me liking Zach, and she said she saw the scene me and Jasper put on. I just shook my head. 

"Oh! Well, I have to tell you. Don't get an attitude with me girl, or I will poke your eye out." Nykierra said.

I shivered but changed the subject, "So do you like anyone?" I asked.

Nykierra and Baylee smiled. They seemed like they were already best friends. "Josh."

I raised an eyebrow and said, "Who's he?"

Baylee answered for her and said, "We'll show you at lunch."

I nodded and we walked to lunch. We were laughing though.

Zach passed me and Baylee nudged my arm. I looked over at her and she gave a suggestive nod. She sprinted forward in front of him and I lowered my head. I took off to make it seem like I may have been chasing her.

I started slowing down once I got near Zach.

"Hey," I tapped him on the shoulder. He towered a few inches above me and he smiled, I also fainted, "Have you seen Baylee?" I asked.

He came in a little closer and said, "No actually."

He smiled and I melted, jeez he was so cute! "Oh, well. It's Zach right?"

He nodded while he smiled and said, "Yeah."

I cocked my head to one side and said, "Oh, well I'm Izii."

He smiled. I was so paralyzed I forgot I was supposed to shake his hand.

"Thanks." I mumbled, and sped off.

He seemed to be watching me, but I kept moving.

Baylee stopped and seemed to spot me. She stopped and waited for me. Once I caught up we walked together.

"How'd it go?" She asked, she seemed so excited.

"Somewhat good. I totally forgot to shake his hand!" I grunted.

Baylee smiled and said, "But you guys talked?"

I nodded, more cheerfully.

Nykierra caught up with us and we all sat at our table.

"Oh! I have to go sit by Carson and them!" I exclaimed, I had totally forgot!

"Be careful." Baylee winked. She knew Corey would be over there too.

I moved through the table and waved bye to Baylee and Nikira. I spotted Carson vigourously waving my way. I smiled and walked over there.

I sat down next to him, and across from Zach. "Hey, thought you might ditch us." Carson said.