day thirty-eight

bold- nurse one
italics- nurse two

she hasn't spoken or eaten anything in almost a week.

i know, it's heartbreaking.

i shouldn't have shown her mother where she was. i shouldn't have even let that woman through the door.

you didn't know that this would happen.

i should have.

you're not a psychic.

i know, i know. it's just that...that i feel this is somehow my fault. she was doing so good and then i let her mother through those doors and now she's slowly peeling herself away from this earth.

it's nobody's fault except for that horrible woman's. she said or did something in that room that flipped a switch in angel. all that woman had to do was be there for her daughter, but somehow she hurt her even more than she already was.

this makes me wonder about angel's past. i mean, she said both of her parents were dead, but her mother is still here.

maybe she meant that they were dead to her.

so do you think her father is still alive?

possibly.

i pray that he never finds her, if he is. whatever he did to poor angel was enough to drive her to end her life.

maybe he wasn't the reason she wanted to commit suicide.

what do you mean?

dr. reeves said that it takes a lot more than abuse to break a girl as strong as angel.

we don't know just how strong angel is, though.

you can tell a lot about a person even if they don't speak.