The Note

School. Well, you could call it school, but it's more like prison. I'm trudging down the hallway, I remember I have sixth period next. The only good part of school. I walk into the classroom and take my seat. That was the only good thing, my seat. Because I get to sit next to my boyfriend, Niall. He smiles at me. Then the teacher begins attendance. But I'm not listening, I'm just gazing into Niall's eyes. "Riley." My teacher says, pushing my back into reality.

"Here." I say, reality sucks. My teacher, Mrs. Barnsworth, finishes attendance and starts the lesson. I'm pretending to listen when I feel a piece of paper on my leg. I open it up to find a note, it reads:

'Hey Babe. How are you?

<3 Ni'

I grab my pen and flip it over:

'Bored, I hate this class, especially Mrs. Barnsworth!

-Ry'

I write. Then I reach the note out for him to take, but not fast enough.

"Do you have something you'd like to share with the class, Riley?" Mrs. Barnsworth asks. Crap. I'm dead. So dead.

"No," I say.

"Then why are you passing notes?" She asks stepping forward and grabbing it out of my hand.

"I don't know." I say. I'm so dead.

"Would you like me to read it to the class or will you?" She asks with that tone that makes me want to slap her.

"No. It's not her fault, it's mine. I gave her the note." Niall says standing up. Gosh, I don't think I deserve someone so perfect.

"Oh so what I'm heating is you'd like to read it to the class?" Mrs. Barnsworth asks.

"Just let me read it!" I exclaim grabbing the note from her hand.

"Hey babe. How are you? Niall asks me. Bored. I hate this class especially Mrs. Barnsworth! Is what I wrote back!" Niall looks at me with a sympathetic look. Oh well, I think, what's the worst she could do?