Chapter One

One day in Solar City, Michigan, ordinary 19 year old Jackson was hanging out at his friend Sin's house playing video games. Jackson stood up and said "Sorry Sin, but I gotta go." Jackson walked outside and got on his motorcycle. He drove home to his parent's house. When he got there he heard a loud sound coming from down stairs. He rushed in the front door and down the stairs. When he got down to the basement, he looked around and said, "Dad, are you okay?" Jackson's father was a scientist. He was trying to create a machine that could enable any humans ability to manipulate force. Before Jackson could find his father, another explosion went off. Jackson was knocked off of his feet from the force of the blast and he was unconscious.

When he woke up, he was still in his father's lab. There was a piece of concrete on his legs. He looked down and started screaming "get this off of me". Suddenly the concrete slab went flying and hit the wall and was crushed into a million pieces. Jackson stood up and ran upstairs and out the front door. When he looked around he saw an old lady trying to run from a purse snatcher. The thief pulled out a knife and started swinging it towards the lady. Jakcson ran over to the other sidewalk and swung his hands at the thief. Then, out of his hands came an emerald green sphere of force. The sphere made contact with the thief and he went flying through the front door of the house behind them. From this moment on, Jackson became The Emerald Force. Dressed in a green hood and suit, every night Jackson patrolled the city.

A few years ago came the death of the Gold Monolith, Solar City's vigilante and savior died in a car accident. Jackson, honoring his girlfriend's brother, Jackson decided to take the Master's place as Solar City's savior. A few years later, Jackson met his match. A mysterious masked man who called himself, Inertia. Jackson had just stopped a robbery at the bank. On his way home, he ran into Inertia. Inertia threw a purple sphere of force at Jackson and sent him flying backwards. Jackson got to his feet and at the same time the two mutants used their abilities to overpower each other, but both of them at that very moment learned that their abilities were balanced and neither of them was affected by the other. After a few minutes of this stalemate, an explosion erupted and both Jackson and the masked man were knock off of their feet and knocked unconscious.

When Jackson awoke, he was in a bed surrounded by three people he has never met before. Jackson started to freak out and he asked the strangers who they were. There one guy, a girl, and a very familiar face. Jackson recognized one of the faces it was his girlfriend, Layla. The guy's name was Talon. The girl's name was Kaylen. He now had a team. Jackson got off of the bed and walked over to where a table was standing. On the table there was a green mask and an improved suit. There was also a comm set. Jackson turned around and said "What am I doing here?" Layla turned towards him and said, "We pulled you out of the wreckage after the explosion, and also Inertia got away." Jackson said, " Do you know who it is?" Kaylen said, " It's your father."