Sango's Rath

"Miroku you have to go back."

He shakes his head as Kagome prepares breakfast for everyone.

"Miroku!" Kagome yells.

InuYasha puts a foot against his back.
"I don't like freeloaders in my house."

"How dare you! Calling me a freeloader I'm appalled!!" Miroku scoffs. "Besides, there's no reason for me to go back there."

Rin yanks upright, her eyes wide open. "Sesshomaru came to me in a dream to warn me about the necklace and now I have to learn how to defend myself and I have to be trained by Kagome, Miroku, and Sango but not InuYasha because he's an idiot." Rin takes in a deep breath and looks at Kagome. "Is that fish soup?"

Everyone stares at her. It's silent for a few moments.

"Hey!" InuYasha yells.

"That's good enough reason for me." Kagome says as she reaches for bowls. InuYasha starts kicking Miroku out.

"What? No breakfast for me? Hey! Watch it InuYasha!" Miroku is holding onto the frame of the doorway as InuYasha continues to push him.

"I am sure that Sango has something made for that large household of yours. Now go!!" Kagome hands Rin a bowl of soup.

"But-But.. AHH!!" Miroku falls outside as InuYasha follows behind him.

"We'll meet you guys over there!!" Kagome yells. "Hmm.."

"What is it Kagome?" Rin says as Kagome sits next to her.

"I swear there was another visitor.. oh! Myoga! Where he is?"

Rin rolls her eyes. "Who knows."

The two of them eat and finish their soup. Rin looks up at Kagome.

"Hey um Kagome?"

"Yeah?" She says as she picks up her and Rin's bowls and walks to the bucket of water.

"How did you know that InuYasha was the one?"

"Oh! Well..." She sighs. "Look, Inuyasha and I.. we've been through our hardships. Trust me, it's hard competing against a reincarnation of yourself. But.." Kagome turns to Rin. "That moment. After closing your eyes and before you fall asleep, when your heart is empty without that person.. you know."

She walks over and hugs Rin. "I know what you're going through is hard. But we all know how deeply he cares about you. We will do our best to protect you."

Rin smiles and hugs her back. "Thanks Kagome."

"Come on. I wanna see how Miroku is holding out." Kagome laughs as she and Rin leave the hut.

They make their way behind Kagome and Inuyasha's hut and walk down a beaten path. Over the years, Miroku and Sango had to move into several houses to accommodate for their growing family. They finally settled into a larger hut a little bit outside of town to fit the family of 8.

As Rin and Kagome continued on the path, a bush next to them shuffled. They both jumped back, Kagome cursing silently for forgetting her bow and arrows. Suddenly, with barely a detectable sound, an arrow flew through the air.

"Rin look out!"

Kagome covers Rin as they both duck for cover. The arrow whizzes past them and hits the ground behind them.