The Necklace

The demon finally makes it's appearance known. It jumps out from the shadows, a creepy skeleton lizard with poisonous teeth.

Rin runs faster, trying to get further away from the village so that no one else would get hurt. She grew more worried with each breath. She never had to deal with a demon by herself before. Whenever one showed up, she was with others who could easily defeat it.

She climbs the hill to the meadow, and as she feels the soft grass under her bare feet a large force knocks her down. Rin grits her teeth, grasping her left arm with her hand to keep the blood at bay. She groans as it continues to burn and looks up to see the lizard licking her blood off his teeth. It launches itself at her, and Rin screams.

"Rin!!" Kagome yells as her and Inuyasha make their way over the hill. She is about to let her arrow fly when a bright golden light fills the meadow.

They shield their eyes, and as the light dims they see Rin with her hand over her face. Extending from her fingertips is a yellow green whip that has wrapped around the body of the demon in mid-air. It screams as the whip tightens before reducing the lizard to bone dust.

"Rin! Rin!" Kagome yells as they run over to her.

"Huh?" Rin mutters.

"Are you alright?" Kagome says as she holds Rin by the arm.

"Kagome, stand back!" Inuyasha yells.

"What?" She sees the poisonous cut on Rin's arm. "Oh no.."

Rin's eyes start to flutter. "I...don't feel...." She blacks out.