A Bowl of Ramen

Rin groans as she opens her eyes. She is laying down on a mat, and hears the sound of a boiling pot in front of her.

"Oh you're awake!" Kagome says, filling a bowl with her special ramen. "Here eat this. You'll feel better."

She goes over, helps Rin sit up, and gives her the bowl. She groans as she bends over to eat the ramen.

"What happened?" Rin asks, rubbing her head.

"That's what we want to know." Inuyasha says, crouched in the corner of their hut with an empty bowl next to him.

"We brought you back here as soon as you fainted. You weren't asleep for long, but we are worried.." Kagome shares an anxious look with Inuyasha.

"What? What is it?" Rin asks, looking between the two.

"Well, we thi-"

"The nerve of that woman!"

Miroku stomps his way into the hut, slamming himself into the ground before he grabs a bowl and raises it high over his head.

"Excuse me?" Kagome says, a hand on her hip.

"Ramen. Now."

She hits Miroku in the head with his staff and throws it on the ground next to him.

"Ow!!"

"You don't tell me what to do in my own house!"

"Speaking of, why are you here?" Inuyasha says, walking up to the pot for thirds.

"Sango and I are in a rough spot at the moment. Let's just say she kicked me out."

"Why?"

Miroku reaches into the pot after Inuyasha. "I want more kids and she refuses."

"That's it?" Kagome asks.

"What do you mean?!"

"Miroku, you have 6 kids. Sango isn't just some factory that marches babies out her front door. She's your wife! When was the last time you spent quality time together?"

"Ayee.. Well... There was that one time.."

"Exactly."

Miroku gives Inuyasha a questionable look.

"I ain't the coward running away from his woman out of fear." He tilts the bowl back, slurping the ramen.

"Inuyasha..."

"Please! No! Kago-!

"Osuwari!"

Inuyasha grunts as he faceplants into the ground. Miroku snickers before looking up and seeing Rin across the room.

"Rin! How long have you been here?"

"The whole time actually." Rin grins sheepishly, putting her empty bowl to the side.

"That reminds me. I also came here cause I was sensing a demonic aura, a strange one." Miroku comments. "Have you guys felt it?"

"Trust me, it feels all too familiar." Inuyasha picks himself up and sits on the floor, wiping the dirt off his sleeves. He grimaces and tilts his head to the side before slapping his hand on his neck.

"Gurglegurgleeee"

"Why are you here, Myoga." Inuyasha says as he opens his palm, revealing the wise flee.

"Hanyo blood tastes best when fresh! So, what have I missed during my travels?"

Inuyasha snorts. "Travels? Yeah right coward."

"Rin has just been attacked by a demon, and she was able to defeat it." Kagome sits down next to Inuyasha.

"Wow. But why is there a demon here in the first place? They don't bother to come here, with the sacred jewel gone and a tribe of demon slayers living here." Miroku subconsciously rubs the hand with the missing tunnel.

"Miroku's right. Demons, especially small fries, are attracted to power." Myoga says, jumping out Inuyasha's hand.

"Sesshomaru."

The room becomes silent as everyone stares at Inuyasha.