The night air was colder than usual. I leaned towards the window and blew my warm breath on it. My mind was a mess. How did I get so deep into this? I just wanted extra cash, I never meant for it to go this far. The loud ring of my phone jolts me out of my half awake, half asleep state.

"Hello?" I had no idea who could be calling this late besides... Oh. "Yes, Damon?"

"Seems like you're sleeping on the job, Henry..."

I take a deep breath then let it out slowly. "Damon, I don't want to do this anymore."

There a low laugh on the other end of the phone. "To be quite honest, Henry, I don't give a fuck. You signed a contract to work with me for two years. Either go through with it or I'll kill you." There was a pause as he let this sink in. "Understood?"

I swallowed. "Yes, boss."

"That's what I like to hear. Remember, I need a body to sell by Monday. You have one week."

My heart begins to race but I keep my voice even. "A week? That means I have to find someone by tonight in order for me to get her to you by then."

"Yes. Tik-tok." He hangs up and my heart feels like it stops.

"Fuck." I mumble. I'm going to get no where just sitting here in this damn car. Just as I turn on my car lights, I see a girls face. Oh, this has to be fate! Immediatley, I grab my gun and put it in the waistband of my pants. Rushing out of the car, I start walking towards her. She is sitting on the edge of the road. Waiting for a friend possibly?

"Hey, do you need a ride?" I keep my voice as friendly as possible.

She instantly brightens up and looks up at me. The first thing I notice is her eyes. A pale blue. I've seen them somewhere. "Yes! My boyfriend and I got into a fight and he left me here on the road. I've been trying to call someone but I get no reception out here."

I raise an eyebrow. What a dick. Who leaves their girlfriend on the road this late? "That sucks. I can give you a ride back if you want?"

She stands and holds her hand out. "Jessabel."

Guilt starts creeping up into me. It's usually easier to do this when they are screaming or yelling at me. "Henry."

She looks at her hand and I wonder if she's hurt. "Perfect. Well, we should get going, no?"

"Yeah, after you. My car is down the road."

She smiles at me then begins walking towards my car. Once we finally get into my car, she buckles up and gives me her address. After a couple minutes, she's asleep. This was probably the easiest kidnapping yet. Although when she wakes up and sees we are out of town, it won't be so pleasant.