Half an hour later, everyone is seated and talking. Once Jessabel enters the room, they go quiet. "Does anyone know who I am?"

No one speaks up and she takes it as a no. "I'm your bosses sister."

Everyone smiles.

"We've heard of you."

"Damon has been wanting you to join us."

So much more of these comments and I realize Damon wanted his sister to join his side. Something made him beileve she would.

Jessabel smiles at them and in that moment, she is true beauty. "We will have a feast to celebrate. Unfortunatley, my brother will not joining for he wants me to get to know you all better. Please, wait here. I'll bring the food."

After that, she grabs my hand and we exit the room. "What food?"

"They are the food." She grabs the keys and locks the doors.

"What are you doing?"

Her eyes look crazy and wild when she looks at me. "They are all killers."

She grabs matches out of her pocket and lights one, dropping it to the floor. My eyes widen and I jump away. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Did you really think I was going to let anyone live?"

Then it dawns on me that she is leaving them in there to burn. "My daughter." I begin to panic. She nods. "She's outside. That's the way we are leaving."

My mind cannot beileve what just happened. Damon. I thought of him as invincible and I'm leaving without a scratch. Once we reach the doors to the garden, I see my daughter and my heart warms. Finally.

As I'm about to step out, Jessabel laughs and shoves me back inside. "Thank you for helping me but did you really think I was going to let you live?"

My heart stops. "What?"

She kicks my leg back and I hear a snap. "You are just as bad as them."

"But you said you loved me."

"I just wanted a good fuck."

"What about all our plans?"

"I was using you. You will die. The world doesn't need scum like you."

"My daughter. Don't hurt her."

She nodded. "I'm going to give her a good life. One without the monster of a father."

She sinks her blade into my leg and closes the door. Locks it. I can't even process what just happened. I feel the heat of the flames on my body. The final thing I see is Jessabel walking out the gates with my daughter in hand.