After two days of traveling and spending time with Jessabel, I actually grew to enjoy her company. The last relationship I was in was with my wife and we had been married 8 years until she was killed. Thinking of our marriage always makes me think of my daughter.

"Oh, Ariel. I hope you're okay." I whisper to myself.

"Hey, you!" Jessabell slides into the seat across from me and shows me a newspaper. "Look at this." I scan the paper and see what she is pointing out.

"Three new killings."

"And guess who the suspect is?"

"Damon?"

She smiles and nods. "You don't understand how glad I am to finally catch him. I've been looking for him since I was fourteen. Now six years later, I finally have him."

I take a sip of my coffee and shrug. "Why are you so obsessed with finding him?"

She scoffs. "Why? This man has killed more people than I can count. Besides, have you not heard of his family?"

"He doesn't talk much."

This angers her. "I bet not. Well..." Before she can continue, a waitress comes up to me and asks for my number. They seem to be in their early twenties and her friends are giggling and cheering her on. I glance at Jessabel and see she wears a face of indiferrence. "Listen, sweetie. We are on a date and I don't appreciate you hitting on my boyfriend." My eyes widen and I choke on my coffee.

The waitress turns red in the face and hurries away. "Well, I wasn't aware you were my girlfriend."

Jessabel looks up at me and smiles. "Guess that was me asking." She says and takes a bite of her pancakes.