Chapter 10

"I'll text you, Emiko." Suzuki told the tall raven haired girl as she gave her a hug. Tendou nodded in agreement. The two started walking away, leaving Emiko and Ushijima by themselves.

"Do you want me to walk you home?" Ushijima asked Emiko as the sun started to set.

"I'd appreciate it, Ushijima." she replied, leading the way to her home. Ushijima jogged up to her, grabbing her hand as they walked down the street, passing lamp posts that were starting to light up. They walked in a comfortable silence as the sun disappeared behind the horizon. They soon reached Emiko's home, walking up to the door step. "Do you want to come in for a cup of tea?"

"I can't, i need to get home. I've got a morning practice." Ushijima told Emiko, wanting to stay.

"Too bad. Goodnight, Ushijima." she answered, getting on her tip toes and kissing his cheek, making his face heat up. Slowly, Emiko unlocked the door with her keys, leaving Ushijima outside. When she walked in, she saw Tobio glaring at her.

"Who was that?" He asked, his voice cold as his sister took of her shoes.

"A friend." she simply replied, moving to go past him and to the stairs.

"Seemed more then that." he hissed out, glaring at her back as she climbed the first few steps. She turned around to face him, sending her own glare towards him. He was slightly taken aback, she hardly ever glared at him, only when he crossed the line.

"It's none of your business. Goodnight." she said sharply, walking up the stairs to her room. Emiko slammed the door, throwing her bag onto her bed, taking of her jacket and shirt, putting them on the back of her chair. She pulled on a t-shirt and then took of her skirt, replacing it with a pair of shorts. Quickly, she took out her phone from her bag and set it to charge. She lay down on her bed, her feet touching her bag. She fell asleep soon after, her dreams filled of her past life at Shiratorizawa high school.

The next morning came quickly, waking Emiko with its golden rays of sunlight which flooded in through the window, the curtains surrounding it not drawn. Her dark blue eyes fluttered open, her vision slightly blurred as she blinked several times. A yawn escaped her lips as she sat up, looking around her room at her clock. The clocks hands ticked on slowly, one by one. She had plenty of time to get ready for school and the morning practice, but after yesterdays endeavor with Tobio, she didn't feel like helping. She was annoyed, at Tobio, at herself. She shouldn't have reacted like she did. Slowly, she got dressed, putting on her uniform, then grabbed her bag, placing her books into it. Her phone lay on her table, connected to the charger, the text from Nishinoya still unanswered. She picked it up, unlocking it to see his message once again.

'Yeah I'd love too meet up some time. Text me when and where. x'

She hesitated before sending her text, removing the kiss she put at the end, and changing the word 'love' to like, deciding that what she felt for Nishinoya was the same thing she felt for Tobio. Quickly leaving her room, she grabbed her sports bag with shorts, a t-shirt, her volleyball shoes and other necessities. She'd decided to go to the girls' gym to practice for their upcoming practice match against aoba johsai's female volleyball team. Her brother was sat at the kitchen table eating breakfast as Emiko walked in, grabbing her bento and an apple for the way to school. She didn't spare a glance at Tobio, even though she knew she was being stupid by acting the way she was. But what could she do now? What's done is done, isn't it? She walked out the door, trying to forget her problems. Instead of thinking about what happened the previous evening, she was thinking about what would happen when she would meet up Nishinoya in a couple days.

A/N sorry it's short and crappy, as well as late. But here is chapter 10. Remember to comment and vote.