Chapter 2

Ema's POV
"Welp, here we go. First day of Middle School. I'm scared, I've seen so many movies and tv shows about it. What if I get bullied or shoved in a locker...or what if I forget my locker combination..or..or.. C'mon help me out here Dust!" I said with fear in my eyes and sweaty palms. Dusty grabbed my shoulders and shook me. 
  "Ema you'll be fine! We have all of our classes together, stop being a wimp and Just Do It! Just Shia Lebeuf it!" Dusty said reassuring me, once again. I always seem to be worried about something. Dusty and I walked up to the big building, and it was very intimidating. A huge brick building with a grand entrance and Greek Columns cascading from the roof.
   "Hey Emerrrssss!!!" I heard a familiar voice yell.
"Hia Sophie! Man it feels like I haven't seen you in forever." I said smiling.
"It was only two weeks ago! But I guess you've been hanging out with Dusty." She smirked and wiggled her eyebrows at the two of us.
  "SOPHIE!" Me and Dusty said simultaneously.
  "Okay okay, but you know the whole flipping school ships you guys." Sophie stated, like she knew for sure.
I rolled my eyes as the three of us linked arms and walked into the school building.
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Alright students. I'm Mrs. June and I'm your Social Studies teacher. We're either going to be friends or enemies, but that is your decision class."
  "Man. She sounds scary for someone who is only in her 20s I'm guessing." I say to myself.
"Yeah she does sound scary." Dusty whispered to me.
" I wasn't talking to you Dust." I said.
"Well then who were you talking to... yourself?"
  I nodded and Dusty gave me his ever famous what the heck is wrong with you look.
"Don't give me that look Mister." I violently whispered to him.
  "Soooooooo cuuuuuutttttteeeeee" I heard Sophie, who sat behind us, whisper.
Surprisingly Mrs. June didn't hear the conversation. But I kinda missed like half of what she was saying.
  "Sophie stop." Dusty said suddenly angry.
  "Woah woah Dust who pooped in your fruit loops grumpypants?" Sophie said a little irritated.
  " Ok 1. No one pooped in my fruit loops and 2. Only Ema can call me Dust." Dusty said  through clenched teeth. Well by then Mrs. Prune or whatever.. oh Mrs. Prune that's a good one in case she's mean... anyways had heard our conversation.
  "Children, yes you three in the back. Quiet! Only the first day and I already have some talkers! How absolutely rude!" She screeched.
  "Sorry Mrs. Prune- Oh I mean June!" I said, oh boy my face is getting redder by the second. How could I have done that!
  "Oh someone has jokes I see. Detention!" She screeched at me..again.
I sank into my seat, eyes already watering, face beet red.
  "Woah, woah, woah. She didn't do anything. I was the one arguing." Dusty said.
"And me too!" Sophie yelled.
"So if anyone should be in detention it should be us two!" Dusty exclaimed loudly.
"Alright then, how about ALL OF YOU! Afterschool meet me in the library!" Mrs. Prune- yep its Prune now- said.
I sank into my seat even further. I reached out my hand both ways and found two other hands, I squeezed them, telling my two best friends thanks.
                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~
The rest of the day was uneventful, math, Lunch, ELA, science, then Art class for me and Dusty, and PE for Sophie.
But of course we all had detention. I called my mother, Dusty called his mother, and Sophie called her father. Dusty and I got yelled at while Sophie (lucky duck) got an over the phone fist bump and two more for me and Dusty. Man her dad is cool. Detention was bearable, I read, Dusty doodled, and Sophie... I don't know what Sophie did but she looked busy. But of course we were all under the watchful eyes of Mrs. Prune.
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Sophie's POV
"Gaaaa! Why can't they get together already!" I said to myself. I may or may not be obsessed with the idea of that.  Yes this is what I think of when I'm bored. My mind is like Spaghetti Junction in Atlanta! Always twisty, always busy! I'm just scribbling on paper trying to look busy I guess.
  "Only 5 more minutes" Dusty whispered to us.
           ~~5 minutes later~~
We burst through the doors of that horrid middle school into the sunshine.
  "Man, that was awful! I've never felt so bad in my life! What a rush!" Emerrs said a smile lighting up her face.
  "Really...your kidding right?" Dusty said rolling his eyes, but he couldn't help smiling at her innocence.
   "Yeah, Ema I've been in detention before, I mean it was only in 4th grade but it still counts." I said.
   "Alright that's my dad, waving like an idiot at the corner." I smiled, waving back.
  "We'll walk you to him."Dusty said.
   We got to my dad's car and I waved bye to Dusty and Ema, they're so lucky home for them is only 5 minutes away while mine is 20 minutes.
     "Bye Sophie!" Ema shouted as she waved.
                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~
                   Dusty's POV
Sophie left and Ema and I started walking to our houses.
" I wonder what mom's gonna do to me." I thought out loud.
"I'm sure she'll be forgiving. It's not like you hurt anyone." Ema said reassuring me with that smile of hers that always takes the worry away.
"Yeah, hopefully." I said nervously smiling.
"I'm pretty sure I'm dead, so I probably won't be on the Xbox tonight." Ema said sadly.
  "Well I probably won't be either." I laughed.
   "This is my stop!" Ema said as she started walking to the other side of the street. I walked to the other- other side to get to my house.
   "By Emaline, don't die" I shouted.
  "Same to you good sir Dust the third!" She said in the cute British accent she does.
We waved and walked to our houses.
   Alright. I'm alone with my thoughts. Uh oh. I hate being alone lately. Because there's this one thought that keeps bugging me....

The end...of that chapter! Hello reader, I hope you are enjoying the book so far! I'm trying to write as much as I can thank you for reading...stay lit fam!
    ~navyshoes♡