Chapter 3

Ema's POV
"I'm sorry Mom! I really didn't mean to! I was distracted by my own thoughts and Dusty and Sophie's fight. I didn't mean to call her Mrs. Prune! Really I didn't!" I pleaded with my mother.
"I'm sure you didn't, but you did honey. And you have to learn to control yourself! And on the First day of school! No Xbox or T.v. tonight. I'll let you hang out with Dusty but you have to walk over and ask him." Mom concluded. She was strict but fair.
Well, I guess I'm going over to Dusty's house.
~~~~~~~~~~~
3rd person
Ema walked over to Dusty's house, prepared for Dusty to not be able to hang out. And she was right. Apparently Dusty's parents were not as lenient as her own. So she was bored for the night, and so was Dusty. He sat in his room, and...read. Ugh even the word disgusted him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dusty's POV
"Ugh! I can't do this anymore!" I yelled. I slammed down my book on my nightstand.
"Listen Boy I can hear you yelling from down here! Do you want two nights without Xbox and going out?!" My dad yelled.
"No. I guess not!" I yelled back.
"That's what I thought!" My dad He yelled.
I got up from my bed and walked to my window, it's a bay window, and it's super girly, but the view is sick. I can look out at the neighborhood, and I can look at Ema's window. Sometimes if I'm lucky she will look out her bay window and see me and wave, then we laugh. And I can almost hear her giggle in my ears. I shook away from my thoughts, because I can't let them wander these days. And all they ever think of is Ema! Her smile. Her laugh. Her innocence. Her intelligence.
*sigh*
"Woah. Woah. Woah. Stop. It. Pull yourself together man!" I say to myself. I look out my window, and by some chance there's Ema, sitting at her window reading. I wave my hands as wildly as I can. Ema must have seen me because she waved back. We both laughed, and there was that giggle in my ears.
"DUSTYYY DINNERS READY!" I hear my mom calling. Also calling me away from my thoughts.
"COMING!" I yelled as I bounded down the staircase, smells of burgers wafting into my nose.
I sat at the table and almost instantly my father sternly asks: "Dusty what happened today? Detention? Explain."
"W-well long story short this mean teacher gave Ema a wrongful detention. I stood up for her and then me and Sophie got detention along with her." I summed up my story.
  "Well, son I still am disappointed about your detention, but I'll let it slide without anymore punishment because you did it for your best friend." My dad explained, automatically I released my breath, that I didn't know I had been holding.
  "So why don't you call Ema and ask her if she wants to come over, I know your dying too." My mom said literally seeing through me.
  "Ok. I think I will." I say standing up and going upstairs.
                ~Ema's POV~
*rrrriiiinnnnnggggg riiiiinnnnggg*
"Hey Dusty!" I say smiling through the phone even though he can't see, "whats up?"
  "Actually that was what I was calling to ask you.... I'm not in too much trouble so you wanna go to the park or something?" Dusty asked over the phone, man his voice has gotten deep.
  "Ummm, let me ask... MOM CAN I GO TO THE PARK WITH DUSTY...YES I'VE FINISHED HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU ASK!" 
  "Thats fine Emaline..be back at 9:00!" Mom answered
"Alright meet ya in 5." I said before hanging up.
I threw on a jacket and walked out of the house.
            ~3rd Person POV~
As Ema got to the park she sat down on the bench and waited for Dusty. All of a sudden two older boys came over to her.
"Hey there girly" one of them said.
  "H-h-hello." Ema said nervously.
The boys got dangerously close, and one touched her shoulder, Ema did the only thing that came to mind. She screamed. She screamed as loud as she could, at that point the older boys ran away. Ema say still on the bench, and after getting over her shock she started crying. That's how Dusty found her curled up the bench crying.
               ~Dusty's POV~
I saw Ema on the bench at the park, but curled up? And Why are her shoulders heaving...wait. she's crying! Who made her cry, I'll kill 'em! I ran up to Ema.
  "Whats wrong Ema?! Are you okay?" I said my hand on her shoulder.
  "They- they touched me" Ema said then went back into her racking sobs. I looked across the park and saw two older boys, one looked at me and nodded. The Parker brothers! Those perverts, they're always picking on little girls. I sat down on the bench and put my arms around her, and this hasn't happened before. Me and Ema don't normally hug each other, but I couldn't help it. Ema leaned into me and I held her. Her sobs subsided eventually. But she didn't move.
Why hasn't she moved? Ok calm down it's alright. "Ema?" I asked. "Hm?" Ema said. "Why haven't you moved?" I asked her. "I don't know, your comfortable I guess?" Ema said and started laughing, she sat up.
"Well, it's getting late, and I need to go lay down and sleep. Will you walk me back home?" Ema asked me with a smile.
"Of course m'lady." Wait did I just accidently flirt?
                 ~Ema's POV~
Dust and I walked back to my house, and as we got to my door I stopped him. "Hey, thanks Dusty. Your always there for me. Your the best." I said. Then I did something unexpected...to both of us! I kissed him on the cheek. I smiled again and walked inside.
  *sigh* He always makes me feel better, wait did I KISS HIM?!? Hold on Hold on Hold on! AHHHH!!!
                ~Dusty's POV~
"WOOOOHHHHOOOOO!" I yelled, I looked up to the sky and smiled. I walked across the street and into my house, mom and dad were sitting on the couch playing Uno. I practically floated up my room, I floated through the shower, and floated into bed.

YAY! A little side note in my books I don't wait for ships to happen. I make them happen. Comment #Dema if you ship it! Thanks for reading...sorry it took me a little while to finish this chapter. 😶 Buh Bye!!
   ~navyshoes