Chapter II

I want everything to disappear.
I want it to disappear like a mirage,
Want it to disappear,
I want my damn self to disappear.

BTS' So Far Away (YG/JK/JIN)

Start---

The cold atmosphere seems like a needle of a syringe injected on every of my skin. Only the white hospital gown and the black coat I took from the man last night is covering my body. It's so cold. I can barely open my mouth and can barely feel my own body, my lips are all dried up.

I know I'm still alive. I even wonder how I survived the long cold night without anything thick and warm cloth covering my body.

Am I shivering? I really can't feel anything. Even my eye lids can barely move. But I tried my best to open my eyes, squinting slowly because of the bright light from above me.

It's the sky.

When was the last time I saw the sky? Why do I feel like I was asleep for a very long time?

Moving my eyes, I realized that I'm still on the back of the pick-up car.

Last night, I was running away from men who wants to get me. I don't know what they want from me. That place, it's like a secluded facility and I know I'm a subject of some kind of an experiment. But what kind of experiment?

The man who seemed to be a doctor said that I'm the cure. Cure to what?

I heaved a sigh and a white smoke went out of my mouth.

I have escaped. But am I right now? Whose car is this?

"Who are you? Where did you come from?"

I flinched like the voice I just heard was an electricity that made my body rise up. I look at him in the eyes. But not a single emotion can be seen. I don't know if he's even surprised that he saw me here.

"How long have you been there?" he asked again.

I swallowed the lump that's been clogging my throat and shook my head very lightly as if I can't move it.

"You don't talk? Did you sell your voice to the demon?" he went closer to me.

"Ahh. . ." was the only word that came out of my mouth.

"Hyung!"

I heard another voice from behind me. "Where should I put these . . . stuff—s?" my head slowly turned to him. His eyes widened rather surprised as he saw me looking at him. "Who—who is she?" he asked totally puzzled.

I look back again to the guy in front of me who seemed to be unsurprised at all since he saw me.

"I don't know," he said emotionlessly shrugging his shoulders. "I just saw her too," he continued looking at my feet covered with dried blood.

"Whoa. . . did you sleep here? You must be really cold? Here. . ." said the other guy removing his jacket and placed it on my lap. He also noticed my feet dirtied with blood and mud.

"Whoever you are. . ." the emotionless guy said now looking straight to my eyes and pointed to the slightly rusted metal gate, "who know the way out," he added then went off.

"Hyung, we can't leave her here or let her wander like that. She'll freeze to death," the other guy said walking over to the tall one. "I'm sure she doesn't have another place to stay."