Chapter Seventeen

Bruno's POV:

"That's awful!" Roxanne said after we told her the whole story. "I bet you guys are thirsty, have some water." she said and handed us a large bottle of water. I was craving for this. I took it and opened it carefully with my good hand and took big gulps. I needed that badly. I pulled away the bottle and gave it to Danielle, who was as happy as me to get those water.

"So where we heading?" Roxanne asked. "Right now? just drive to Bakersfield and I'll instruct you from there." I said. She nodded and pressed the gas. "Where do you know her from?" Danielle whispered to me. "The day Leila disappeared. I was buying me and her ice cream and when I was back she wasn't there. She was the ice cream cashier." I said. Danielle nodded.

"How bad does your hand hurts?" Roxanne asked after a while. "It hurts but I already got used to it." I said. She nodded. "I think I have something that can help." she said. She stopped the car at the side and looked back to the backseat area. After a few moments, she let out a happy squeak. "Found it!" She said and returned her body back on the seat. It was a bag. She opened it and looked through it till she pulled out a bandage and some kind of disinfectant. "Give me your hand." She said. I hesitated but gave her it. She took it and carefully started to unwrap the shirt that was around it. It hurt more when she did that and I bit my lips to hold myself from groaning in pain. She took it off completely. The shirt that was used to be white was now covered with blood. I dared to looked at my hand and saw colors of blue and purple. Damn, I messed it up badly. She took the small bottle if the disinfectant. "Hold his other hand," she said, looking at Danielle, who immediately grabbed my good hand. "Hold my hand? why?" I asked, confused. "It might feel like it's burning, and I don't want you to stop me." She said.

With that, she poured some of the disinfectant on my hand. I let out a loud groan as to the pain joined a feeling of burning. I tried to move my hand from her but she held it, and Danielle held my good arm. "Shh calm down, it only burns for the first seconds." She said. She finished pouring it. After a few seconds the burning feeling turned in to a cold feeling that felt nicer and I calmed down. Roxanne then bandaged my hand. "Thank you." I said. She smiled.

She then handed me an old shirt she found and I put it on.

"How come you have all these stuff here?" Danielle asked her when the drive went quiet. "Well, I had a lot of troubles with my parents, so I used to spend nights sleeping in the van." She said. "Are you still living with them?" I asked. "Not really. My parents are in Stockton, I just went to visit them." She said. "You drove all the way from LA to Stockton to visit them?" Danielle asked. "You can call it that way, but not really." She said. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"I went to visit their tombstones. They're dead." She said.

Danielle's POV:

"I- I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked that." Bruno apologized sincerely. "It's ok, you couldn't know." She said and smiled a sad smile. I felt bad for her. Losing both of her parents... that's hard. Very hard.

The silence was filling the environment. I decided to take advantage and I laid my head on the window, and soon enough, I was drenched in sleep.

--------

A/N: sorry for the slow update! Having a writer block sucks:/

Just a filler chapter, please forgive me.