Chapter Six

Bruno's POV:

I was scared. Scared to know what I'm going to hear on the other side of the phone. "Answer it." Danielle whispered. "I'm here, it's ok. Just put it on speaker." she added as she grabbed her pen and notebook. I swallowed hard as I pressed the receive and speaker button. "H-hello?" I said, my voice is shaking.

"I'm scared daddy." Her voice was shaking in fear, causing my hand to cover my mouth as soon as I heard her voice. Silent tears went down from my eyes. "Where are you Leila? Who took you? What have they done to you?" I asked her as calm as I could. "I don't know daddy, but they didn't hurt me." She said. "Can you describe what you're seeing around? I need you to tell me." I said. "It's dark and there are tre-" she said but muffles started to come from the other side of the line, announcing that the signal was low. "Leila? Leila can you hear me?!" I asked loudly. "Daddy will find you sweetie," I said as I cried. "I won't let anyone hurt not the tip of your finger!" I said and that's when the call ended. I threw my phone on the table and started crying, covering my face with my hands.

I felt a hand rubbing my back. "We'll do our best to find her." She said. "You need to understand that I can't lose her." I said. "I lost my mom 15 years ago, and my wife 7 years ago... She is all I left." I whispered the last sentence.

She then took her laptop out of her bag. "Give me your phone." She said. "What?" I asked. "Give me your phone now!" She said. I gave her my phone. She connected it to her computer with a USB cable.

"I'm going to try and search where you received the call from. We might get a hint of where they are, or where they're heading to." She said as she started tapping the keyboard violently. "You can do that?!" I asked surprised. "I can try." She said.

I looked on the screen as she did whatever she did, showing numbers I can't understand what was meant for. Suddenly, two rows of numbers showed on the screen. She smirked at herself. "Score!" she said as she wrote them down on a piece of paper. "I don't get it, it's just numbers." I said. "Oh yeah? watch this." She said.

She typed the numbers on the computer, then a map opened, showing an area. "This call was made from somewhere around Sheridan." She said. "Sheridan?" I asked. "That's like 7 hours drive!" I said.

"Then we have a long drive ahead of us." She said.