Chapter Thirteen

Bruno's POV:

I wanted to slam my phone to the floor. But I couldn't dare to lose the only way of contact with the people who hold my daughter. So instead I punched the wall, as hard as I can.

"Bruno!" Danielle yelled at me. I was so raged to even notice the pain as my hand was bleeding. She came over to me and took my hand slowly. I flinched as the sharp pain went to my body. "Shit." I whispered to myself. "We need to take you to the hospital." Danielle said.

"There is not enough time." I said. She looked at me, shocked. "Bruno, you're bleeding! You probably broke your hand! There is no way I'll let you suffer-"

"I prefer to lose my damn hand than to lose my daughter!" I cut her off.

And it was true. I would do anything for Leila. Even to lose my hand.

"Now let's go," I muttered. "There is no time to waist." I added as I made my way to the car. When I passed by Jackson, I grabbed him by his shirt with my good hand. "If you are here to fucking touch my daughter..." I whispered harshly. "Make sure to prepare your funeral properly." I added. I then let go from his shirt and went back over the car.

I sat in the passenger seat. Danielle was in the driver seat and Jackson was at the back. "We need to at least wrap it with something, so it won't get infected." She said, talking about my hand. She looked around in the car. "Don't you have a first aid kit in this car??" She asked. "No." I said. She sighed. "What are we gonna do then?" she said, frustrated.

I then had an idea. I sat up and went to the hem of my shirt. "Uhm, what are you doing?" She asked, and stopped my hand. "You said you want to wrap my hand with something, didn't you?" I said and began taking off my shirt slowly, to not hurt my hand. She eyed me, questioning me. "We don't have anything else to use." I said as I took my shirt completely off and gave her it. She took it and started to wrap my hand carefully.

I flinched here and there when I felt the pain hitting me. She's probably right, I did broke something. I let out a groan when a sharp pain hit my hand. "Sorry." She apologized. "It's ok." I replied with pain.

She finished wrapping my hand and looked at me. "Is it ok? or is it too tight?" She asked. "It's fine." I said. "Now let's go.".

Danielle's POV:

It was agonizing.

Not the long drive I had to drive fully since Bruno is not in a place where he can drive; Not even the fact that he was sleeping peacefully in the passenger sit, shirtless - every female wouldn't mind to be me at this specific situation;

But the fear I had for the unknown.

We'll have to probably steal something. And me? I'm the good girl. I can't do those things! I'm fighting for justice and not going against the law, I'm a private investigator for fuck sake! I'm in the police!

And that's when the thought crept in to my mind...

I can't do it. I can't help him.

----------
A/N: a shirtless Bruno is always good ;)

I'll be trying to update more since on Sunday - Passover starts! Which means 3 weeks of holiday :)

Love y'all, may the shirtless Brunz come at your dreams ;)
Inbar <3