Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

Shaun

Man! that girl really doesn't know when to quit!

I guess the words "self-respect" and "pride" aren't written in the "Book of Stacy" are they?

She really thought she could seduce me into going back to her. Yeah, nice try, like I'd ever fall for something so cheap.

I went inside my private gallery. I really need to relax. I grabbed my violin and started playing.

I don't know why, but...

Memories of the past flashed back...

My birthday.

My gift.

The multiple gun fires.

And...

My parents' cold dead bodies.

Suddenly, a string broke. Taking me back to the present.

I sigh.

So much for relaxing...

I decided to paint instead, since music seems to get me nowhere.

I didn't know what to paint, so I just let my hands to all the work.

After a while, I noticed something strange. Is it just me? or have I painted that clumsy, good for nothing new girl.

"What the..." I immediately stood up in disbelief.

It really is her!

What the heck, Shaun?

Why in the world would you paint a girl you barely know?

The only thing I'm aware of is that she's the one who poured a whole freakin' bottle of soda on my face! I had to go back to my locker looking all drenched to get an extra shirt because of her.

So why on earth would I paint her?

I only paint things that remind me of the past or my parents so I would never forget their faces. Not like I'm gonna forget.

So why HER?

I scratch my head in frustration.

This is just making things worse....

I walked towards a study table and plopped my head against it.

I need a nap....

**********

Maysie

I was walking around the hallway, when something caught my eye.

It was a slightly opened door...of course being the curious idiot that I am, I took a peek inside.

And my mouth literally dropped.

The room was full of paintings! And not just any paintings...these were the kind of paintings that would actually come to life. Believe me, I seen my share of paintings, and I have never seen anything like these before.

There were also shelves full of musical instruments and a huge piano on the other side of the room.

I looked at the label on the door.