Inside

"Snowing hard out there, isn't it?"

Matt sat by the window in the living room, when Shiro walked down the stairs for the first time that evening. He kept his wings wrapped around himself, not unlike a blanket, looking over to smile at the elder avian.

"Pretty much." He managed to muster.

Shiro sat in the chair beside him, watching the snowstorm blow in all its fierce glory outside as well. He looked at Matt and smiled warmly.

Matt looked away, feeling a flush deep into his face. He didn't like Shiro seeing him like this, especially when he was this close.

"You getting sick now, Matt?" Shiro almost laughed. "Not the best time; I'll throw you out in the snow. "

"Huh, where you belong?" Matt gave Shiro a nudge, now managing to look him in the eye. "It's your turn anyway. I wanna see your cheeks flush from the cold and your feathers frozen over. "

Shiro appeared cold, yet amused at the same time. He crossed his arms to watch the snow as it continued to fall. "May as well take a night flight and see both of our cheeks flush and our feathers frozen over."

" Maybe tomorrow. " A new voice entered the living room: Matt's father, Sam Holt. "Supposed to snow like hell tonight."

Who says we have to listen...?