(Part 3) Polnareff X Reader

"Come on [Y/n], let's go!" Polnareff jumped up and down outside the bathroom while you were changing into your bathing suit.

"Give me a second, Polnareff! Geez. Tying this thing isn't that easy!" you kept struggling to tie the back of your bikini top under the pressure of being rushed, but the strings just kept slipping out of your hands.

"Then come out here, I'll do it for you!" after a few moments you obeyed his request and opened the bathroom door, holding your chest to keep the top in place. You felt Polnareff's fingers caress your back in several quick motions. You grabbed a large tee shirt to wear over it and tossed a towel at him before opening the door to the hotel room.

"Alright, now hurry up," the childish Frenchman snatched your hand and practically ran down the hallway to the nearest elevator.

"What is up with you? You're too excited just to be going swimming in a pool," you chuckled at his kid-like nature. "What about the times when we went to the beach and stuff?"

"The ocean is salty and gross. You don't know what or who has been in it... and don't tell Jotaro I said that. Plus, it's creepy when you step on something underwater and can't tell what it is," he continued to grasp your hand and rushed out of the elevator doors once they opened up.

"But what about the chlorine in a pool? And that burning you get in your nose when you accidentally choke on it or swallow it, it's just as bad as swimming in sea water. The chemicals also dehydrate my hair, doesn't that bother you, too?"

"Stop trying to get me to contradict myself! Just shut up and come swim with me, it doesn't matter!" You gave it a rest and followed him out of the glass doors leading outside. Soon enough, the two of you met up with everyone else at the hotel's private pool.

"Woah, it's huge!" you gasped at how beautiful and placid it was, especially since no others residents were there besides the crusaders and yourself. Hibiscus flowers and palm trees surrounded the perimeter of the pool, and there was even a waterfall at one end end of it. "I didn't get a chance to see it before, now I know why you were excited, Polnareff."

"Well then maybe you take a dip!" while you were caught off guard basking in the scenery, Polnareff was able to get a grip on your waist. Before you could catch onto what he was about to do, he easily lifted you up into the air, threatening to toss you into the water.

"God damn it, Jean-Pierre! Put me down before I beat you up!" your legs dangled midair while everyone else just hung around watching and sipping on their drinks.

"Oh, yeah? You and what Stand?" Polnareff snickered and shuffled closer to the edge.

"This one, idiot!" You brought out your Stand in attempt to free yourself, but it was too late. You gave out a yelp as you became airborne and hit the water with a big splash in the center of the pool. Avdol, Polnareff, Kakyoin, and Mr. Joestar burst out laughing as you appeared, soaked hair covering your face. For a moment after you flipped your hair back, you were even able to catch Jotaro smirking next to everyone else. "Haha, very funny. But now it's your turn," this time you were given the chance to have Polnareff join you on the water. While he was carelessly laughing his ass off, you got a hold on one his wrists with your Stand and tugged him towards you, thus causing him to lose balance and fall into the pool.

"Damn, I should've seen that coming," Polnareff muttered when he finally emerged from the water. His hair was now wet, ruined and slicked back just like yours. "And you messed up my haaair..." he whined and sunk back into the water.

"I kind of feel bad for laughing at you, so would you like some fruit?" Kakyoin drifted towards the two of you after entering the pool while carrying a bowl of small fruit, including blueberries, grapes, strawberries, and of course, cherries.

"Thank youuu~" you gladly accepted by reaching out and taking a handful of the mix, popping a few in your mouth. You leaned back and floated on the water, staring up into a gradient of colors in the sky as the sun begins to set. Others enjoyed the soothing coolness of the water and took this time to discuss the next location of your trip, which just happened to be the final destination of Cairo, Egypt.

"I guess this is the last time we can relax before facing him..." Polnareff waded in the water beside you, referring to the infamous Dio.

"I guess so," you subconsciously leaned into Polnareff and he embraced you. You silently hoped this wouldn't be the last time you're able to do so. The thought of losing any of the friends you managed to make on this long journey had weighed on your mind since the day you joined the crusaders, but you decided that now wasn't the time to ponder about it. You didn't want to end up shedding tears in front of anyone today.

"I think it's about time I get out of this pool, my fingers are all wrinkly now," you released Polnareff and swam over to the steps leading out of the pool. Squeezing some of the water out your hair, you used your towel to dry off. Afterwards, you decided to bend down and pet Iggy, who had been avoiding the water. He seemed to appreciate you drying off before touching him, so he allowed it. The group told each other their good-night's before splitting into pairs and heading back to the hotel for the evening. You hadn't noticed it at first, but tears had gathered in you eyes and silently fell onto your cheeks as you made your way to the elevator behind Jean.

"Hey, are you alright?" Polnareff asked softly in the elevator when he heard your quiet sniffles. You looked up at him with your tear stained face and grinned.

"Yeah, I'm okay... I'm just so happy to have met such great people by coincidence. I'm also afraid of losing you or anyone else, but we made it this far, so I'm very grateful," your words had caused tears to well up in his eyes as well. Polnareff reached over to hold your cheek and wipe some of your tears away with his thumb and you used the tee shirt you were holding to dry some of his as well. Together you laughed before exiting the elevator and approaching your room.

After taking a quick shower, you changed into your pajamas and collapsed on your bed. Jean-Pierre did the same, rolling over on his side to face you from his separate mattress. "Um..." he averted his eyes for a moment and you perked up.

"Hmm? What is it?" it seemed like he had something to ask, so you were genuinely curious.

"I was just, uh, wondering if maybe you... you wouldn't mind coming over here and laying with me, would you?" Polnareff sat up with a nervous smileand opened up the covers enough for you to accompany him. You giggled at his gesture and responded with a nod, climbing out of your bed to join him. He welcomed you with a warm hug and the two of you cuddled comfortably together in his bed.

"You know, I've really grown to like you, [Y/n]," Polnareff whispered in your ear as he gently played with your hair. "It may be strange to say this so suddenly, but I truly believe that I've developed feelings for you." Though it was quite obvious at this point, just hearing him say it out loud made your cheeks warm and your heart pound.

"I feel the same way..." you admitted and met eyes with Polnareff. Looking at him while saying this gave you a sense of relief. Not wanting to rush into anything too much, he simply kissed your forehand and shut his eyes, soon drifting off into sleep holding you close to him. At last you rested peacefully in the arms of someone you loved and cared for deeply, with a new sense of determination for finishing the battle against Dio.

[A/n]: *slams head on keyboard* It's been three (!!!) whole months since I started this book idea and I feel so bad for never uploading anything :'((( I'm such a lazy and sad excuse for an author, honestly. Well this X Reader was requested by z_toesa ~~~ I hope you liked it, I'm may write a second one since the scenario of this one was a bit meh, but idk -3- More stuff coming soon~