Chapter 2

Layla POV:  

I am not your average girl well woman now as I have just turned 18 today. I was awoken by the sounds of my father shouting orders and the rustling of boxes and streamers being placed downstairs.

I slowly start to walk at a snails pace towards the mini cooler that is in the comer of my room. Inside are many different types of blood all piled in together to help control my thirst. If you haven't guessed already I am a vampire but not just any vampire I am the princess of my species. The only thing that is stopping me from taking my throne is the fact that I have yet to find my mate which is why there is lots of commotion going on downstairs.

My father thought that it would be a good idea for me to have a ball to celebrate my birthday. He also thinks that I will find my mate within the many vampires that are attending. Personally I don't think that I will find my mate tonight at the ball but you never know things can be surprising.

After getting dressed into a floor length blue satin dress I look towards the mirror at my reflection. Yes I can see my reflection in the mirror it is just a myth about vampires not appearing in mirrors. My long waist length blonde hair was tied into a bun and my dark brow eyes contrast with it. The dress that I am wearing hugs my curves in all the right places.

Making my way downstairs I nearly scream at the site in front of me. There is soo many things all over the place like boxes and ribbons etc. Sighing to myself I make my way towards the back garden to help clear my thoughts. There are so many thoughts running through my mind that I did not notice that I was already sitting on the garden bench.

Admiring the many different coloured roses that are planted in the garden I felt something weird inside of me. It felt as though there was this electrical pull, pulling me towards the woods at the bottom of the breath taking garden. Allowing the pull to lead me into the woods I sucked in a breath at the view in front of me.

****** 

comment and vote please

Love Jemma xxxx