o n e

one | promises are meant to be broken

CARLISLE AND ESME knew that if they were going up against the Volturi, it was imperative to contact Carlisle's eldest and most dear friend. To find her, they needed to travel from their home in Forks to Italy, where their most precious ally resided.

Their trip was smooth - they took a flight from Seattle to New York then from New York to Italy. The hard part would be finding Carlisle's friend, who was known for roaming from town to town.

The married couple were wandering the streets of Florence in the late hours of the morning when they heard a scream, followed by a familiar chuckle.

The two flitted around the corner just in time to see a girl - with long, beautiful red locks and pale white skin - sinking her teeth into an older man's neck.

The girl leaned back, wiping her lips with the back of her hand before she turned to Carlisle and Esme, who were still standing at the beginning of the alley.

"I thought you promised you were going to stop feeding off of humans, Amara," Carlisle calls, his arm wrapped around his wife's waist.

"Well, love," Amara says, flicking her vibrant hair over her shoulder. "Promises are meant to be broken."

Carlisle lets out a sigh, nodding his head before smiling grimly at his closest friend. "We need your help - the Volturi are coming after my family."

Amara speeds to their side, a devilish grin growing upon her lips. "I'll always be down for a fight against the Volturi."