Chapter Thirty Six

Andy and I arrived to his place a few minutes later, where I grabbed my stuff from the car and entered the home once Andy had opened the door. Juliet was just walking down the steps when she saw me and pointed at me.

''They had a fight.'' Andy shrugged.

''Talk to me now!" Juliet grabbed my hand and lead me upstairs, walking down the hallway and opening a door to a spare bedroom. It was a fairly sized room with a bed and dresser and a connected bathroom. I placed my stuff on the bed and sat down beside it and that's when the tears started to fall.

''I-I jus-just made the bi-biggest mistake off m-my life!" I used the back of my hands to wipe my tears and let out a huge sigh.

''What happened?" Juliet placed her hand on my shoulder.

''We-well you know how today you and Ella were asking me about the wedding? I told Jinxx about it and which he asked when should we get married, which I said Spring and I'd like an outdoor wedding. Then he says that he always though that I'd be that girl who would want a traditional wedding.''

''What does that even mean?"

''I don't know! And I asked him that and he goes ''I don't know!" and he says that we're ''rushing'' this too soon. Juliet, if Jinxx felt so rushed why did he put a ring on my finger?''

''I don't know sweetie, guys are complicated when it comes to weddings.''

''I wish someone would've told me beforehand.'' I ran my hand through my hair and let out another sigh. ''He also told me to not come back since I walked out.''

''Don't worry about that, he'll go crazy enough and be begging for you to come back.''

''Fat chance. He was really pissed.''

''Jinxx will get over it

"I hope you're right.''

***

Four days later I was still at Andy and Juliet's, but I haven't left my room. Juliet's tried countless times to get me out of the room but nothing motivated me. I was lost and broken without Jinxx and this whole fight was and probably is my entire fault. I was lying on the bed, my head buried underneath the pillows and my small body engulfed by two huge quilts.

''Chantelle? I brought you some food.'' Juliet said from the other side of the door. I pulled the the quilts further over my body and ignored Juliet's words.

''I'm not hungry.''

''You need to eat! You haven't eaten in two days!" I groaned, rolling over and stared up at the ceiling.

''Go away!"

''Chantelle!" I knew Juliet wasn't going to take no for an answer, so I pushed the quilts off myself and walked over to the door, opening it ever so slightly. I peeked through the crack of the door and saw Juliet standing there and holding a plate with a sandwich on it.

''I'm really not that hungry Juliet.''

''I don't care!" She pushed the door open and slammed the door behind her. She placed the dish on top of the dresser and stared at me. I had no clue what she was going to do or what she's capable of doing.

''Juliet?"

''You need to get out of this fog! I know we've only known each other for nearly a year, but I care about you and I'm worried about you! Andy's worried about you and so is Jinxx!" I instantly froze when I heard his name.

''Wha-what? How?"

''He called this morning and believe me he's regretting it, you can tell by his voice.''

''I don't care.'' I turned around and got back into bed, covering myself up. ''If he's really regretting it then he wouldn't have let me walk out the door that easy. He is so pathetic.'' I felt the quilts being ripped from my body, so I wrapped my arms around myself and stared blankly at the wall.

''You do care about Jinxx. If you didn't care about him you wouldn't have let him give you your sight back! And you wouldn't have accepted his marriage proposal, so get up Chantelle!"

''I'm not moving from this bed!"

''Not even for me?" I shifted my body and looked to see that Juliet was no longer there and Jinxx was standing in the doorway with a small smile on his face.

''Why are you here?"

''Chantelle, I'm just going to be straightforward here and say that I was wrong and I miss you terribly. You need to come back home.''

''I can't.''

''Why!?" I sat up, kneeling on the bed and stared him dead in the eyes.

''Because you don't want to get married! You said that it was stupid!" Jinxx walked over to the bed and took both of my hands in his.

''I do want to get married!"

''Then why did you say that the other day?" Tears were now starting to sting my eyes.

''Because...because..because I'm scared Chantelle! I'm scared that I'm going to mess this up and you're going to leave. With all the guys badgering me about the wedding and the girls are doing the same to you I-I just feel so pressured.''

''Did you feel pressured to propose?"

''Not one bit! I did it because I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you and show you more! Chantelle, please come back home.'' I sighed and looked down at our hands and saw that our fingers were now laced.

''Okay, but it's going to take me awhile to let this go.'' Jinxx smiled at me, bringing his face close to mine and placed a small, soft kiss on my lips.

''I love you.''

''I love you too.''