chapter 2

Katie POV

       "brat get your butt down here or no dinner for you tonight", hey my name is Kate but Katie for my friends. I live with my aunt Kay and she has a daughter and a son. Twins and today is their birthday along with me. You see today is also my birthday but to them I don't have one. My parents are dead so I'm stuck with my mom's sister and its been heck. No one at school even notices me and that's a plus. Now I got to go fix breakfast that I can't eat and get to school early so I can hang out with the one person that gets me at school.Derrick Brennan (bren_nan).we've been best friends since first grade when I was living with my dads sister but I had to move out.

* at school*

       Derrick meets me outside the front doors to the number one hell on earth also known as school.

      "Happy birthday mini me,"he always remembers my birthday even if my family didn't. Mini me was the nickname he gave me, because I used to be a goody too shoes and now the only few differences is I play volleyball, I ditch school, and I'm a slave in my own 'home' if thats what you want to call it.

     "Yea yea I know you are not the one that I should be talking to-"he cuts me off by pointing be hind me to the one and only Bradley Taylor the school bad boy, player, and heart breaker. Standing at 6'5"of pure muscle, blonde hair, one blue eye the other greenish gray, he starts to walk over to where Derrick and I are standing.

     "Kate can I talk to you,"he looks over to Derrick before finishing his sentence "alone," looking over to Dere to seeif it was ok with him, when he nods Bradley takes my wrist and pulls me into an empty classroom how typical the bad boy taking a girl into an empty classroom.

    "OK im just going to go out and say it Kate will you go on a date with me,"ok obviously he doesnt know about my situation at home.

    "Sorry but... I can't...I have...chores to do, but maybe we can hang out sometime," walking around him to the door I can feel his eyes on me and I know that this wont be the last time that I hear from him. Thats what I'm afraid of.