/3/

♤Tord's P.O.V♤》

A few hours passed, and I spent all of them looking out the window. That therapist was certainly peculiar. He seemed to show a liking to me. However, that's his job. It's what therapists do. They get to know their patient, 'comfort' them, and then send them off. Without a word. Back into their own dismay. I knew it was going to happen soon. To me.

I looked out the window, subconsciously feeling the stub on my shoulder. The bandages began the unravel, but I ignored it.

What did I feel about Tom? Did I like him? Was he a possible friend? Love interest?

What was I saying. No one loved me, and I loved no one. Doctors told me to never love, because that would lead to heartbreak. They think I would snap. They think I would finally loose it. On the contrary, I didn't agree with them. But I listened.

Those doctors... they were so heartless. Tom was right. They don't care about any of the patients. They only care about themselves.

I snarled, ripping off the bandage over my eye, revealing an empty eye socket with dried blood around it and a few unhealed scars. I ripped apart the bandages, not feeling right.

What did those doctors know. Nothing. They despised me. They wouldn't help my problems. Hopping down from the windowsill, I grabbed my stone from under the bed.

I've been here for so long, I can't take it anymore. I want to be free, like Tom said. But I'll never get better. I'll be underestimated forever. Thought as weird. A freak. A mistake.

That's all I was I was.

I gripped the pointed, grey stone firmly in my hand, which was shaking. I blinked, then walked oddly over to the wall, engraving my bitter thought.

I'm a mistake...

I shuddered, falling to the ground as my heartbeat sped up and the stone fell from my hand.

I cried out, knowing no one would hear. No one ever hears.  No one ever listens. No one ever cares. I'm invisible.

I felt a terrifying spasm go through my body before I went unconscious, sprawled out on the cold, dusty wood floor.

I open my eyes to be revealed to a hill with a tall oak tree, the branches swaying gently in a autumn breeze. The sky was tainted a dusty purple, tinted with faint blue. The grass around me was smooth beneath my bare feet, and I could feel the breeze through my tattered clothes I wore.

You may think I was healed in my dream. However I was not. Still no arm. Still no eye. My old, useless self. My heart wasn't beating, I noticed. Maybe I'm finally dead. Maybe I'm finally free.

Before I knew it, the world was starting the get a lot brighter.

Not long after, I was near a river. Koi fish swam swiftly through the glinting stream, poking their heads up to look at me every now and then. I bent down and rested my hand in the current, relieved to feel the cold water touch my dry fingers. Soon enough, I began to put my legs in the stream. The fish avoided me, but many still swam by. I ran a finger through my messy hair, sighing contentedly.