/8/

《¤Tord's P.O.V¤》

I sat alone, on a ragged, grey sofa in a small dark room. I've been here for hours on end. And believe me...

It is unpleasant.

I was never fond of the dark, it was so deceiving. You never knew where you were, where you're going, where you went. Very unsettling. Especially if it's during your waking moments and you're not asleep.

I have been waiting for Tom for a while now, he said he would be quick. But it's been hours.

How is he not done yet? How long does it take to pull someone out of an asylum?

I shifted my position so I was laying on the couch upside down, my hair just barely touching the floor below, and my legs hanging over the back. I closed my eye, feeling the blood rush to my head slowly.

A sat there for a while, unaware that Tom had walked into the room, and was eyeing me curiously.

"Hey,"

My eye sprung open, and I nearly flung myself off the couch.

In reality, I fell onto the floor. Tom started chuckling and I rubbed my forehead. "Don't sneak up on me like that!" I hissed in frustration, struggling to stand up with my only arm.

"Sorry, I thought you already knew I was here." Tom replied, smiling. He helped me off the ground and to stand up. I smiled back at him and sighed.

"It's alright. How'd it go?" I queried, standing up as straight as I could.

"They said I could take you out, if you're better. Obviously that doctor before didn't think so.." Tom explained, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

"I am better, Tom. I can speak with pronouns. I'm not as self-conscious as before. So bring me out of this place!" I insisted, a smile pulling onto my lips.

Tom chuckled, placing a hand on my shoulder. "I know you are much better than you were before... so, alright. Come on," he agreed, both of us smiling as we made our way out of the waiting room-like area and to the main door.

"You never had anything that meant a lot to you here, did you?"

"Not other than you,"

"That's sweet but I mean you didn't have like, a special item or whatnot?" Tom asked, looking sideways at me before we left the building.

"No.. no I don't." I replied, putting my hand on my hip.

He nodded and laughed slightly, letting go of my shoulder as we walked along the sidewalk outside the asylum, my eyes going in all directions to look at my surroundings.

It's been so long since I've inhaled fresh air... seen vibrantly colored buildings and beautiful trees... felt the cool breeze on my blood soaked cheeks...

I missed this. So much. And I had forgotten it.. how could I have forgotten such luxury.

"This is amazing!" I breathed, looking at Tom who had a soft smile on his face.

"I'm glad you like it, because I'm not having you locked up and missing it again." He said calmly.

"Thank you."

Tom paused a moment, before looking down at me. I smiled up at him, my hair softly blowing with the wind, along with the crimson flannel Tom had gotten me the night before.