Chapter 13: The Highest in Authority

Candle's POV.

"We need you to come with us," was what the man in the middle said. He had on thick black glasses and a black suit. All of them had wires coming from behind their ears that connected to headphones in their left ear.

We stared at them like they were crazy, I wasn't sure if we should trust them. They looked like Americans.

"Who are you," Mara asked.

"We wish to be un-named for this moment, we need you to come with us. We wish you no harm, we were just ordered to pick you up," the man in the middle said again. I looked at my friends, then my Grammy.

They were waiting for me to say something. I didn't know what to do.

'Candle it is up to you,' Zach whispered in my head.

'We will go with you no matter what,' Mara smiled, and the others nodded.

"We will come with you," I said to the men, they looked at each other and nodded.

"We will be leaving in ten minutes, pack your things," The man on the left said, then they turned and walked out of the room. Grammy went to go show them out.

"Candle, where do you think we are going?" Gabe asked.

"I don't know, I just hope I made the right choice," I said and looked out the window.

Grammy had just closed the door and you could see the car being lit up.

"We should go pack," Sapphire said and we walked up stairs. I felt a little uneasy, and stumbled on my way up the stairs and almost knocked Zach and sapphire down the stairs with me.

"Sorry...," I said sheepishly. They smiled and laughed, it brightened up my mood. I smiled back and walked the rest of the way up the stairs.

Mara was already half way done with packing. We didn't have much anyway. She had her clothes in her back-pack. Her phone was on its charger. She had gotten a new case when we were in Yellowstone. It was a turquoise blue and had what looked like sound bars on the back.

I started to fold my clothes, before the talent show I had plugged up my phone and tablet. They sat on the vanity, it had a vase of flowers on the right side and a picture of my Aunt Rose on the left. It had an old digital clock in the middle. The vanity was made out of oak wood that was painted white. The paint was also coming off, giving it a very old feeling.

Dad had given me an old violin book that my aunt had used when she tried to learn violin. I put it in my bag, then I put my note book by it and lastly I put my tablet with the charger still in the small slot. I placed my phone in my back pocket and put my bag on. Mara had already walked out and Sapphire was grabbing her bowl of blue fire.

I walked out and met with everyone else down stairs. Alex had his bag slung over his left shoulder. Zach and Gabe both had backpacks, like Mara. Sapphire had a strapped bag like me. They were all talking and waiting for us.

"Come on, before they start to wonder where we have been," Mara said. She was starting for the dining room. The house was like a giant line. The Kitchen, the dining room, and the living room. Off the living room up some stairs was the bedrooms and the up floor bathroom.

Once we got outside one of the men came out to open the door. It was a longer car than what I saw from the window. It was a limousine, he took our bags and put them in the back. We crawled inside, it was simple. There were tan seats, the soft leather and a small mini fridge in one corner.

"Whoa," Zach said. He was the last one in. The seats curved around the car in a rectangle. I was at one of the corners.

"Where are we going?" Sapphire asked.