Chapter 10: Redwood Forest

Candle's POV.

"Flight 237 now boarding," said the intercom. It had been coming on and off every 5 minutes. For an hour I have been sitting here in this uncomfortable airport chair. Longest hour of my life.

"That's us," Mara said getting up to stretch.

"Finally, it has been hours since we got here," Sapphire complained.

"Well it's has only been a hour," Alex said as he unplugged his phone charger. I did the same. I was charging my tablet and phone.

"Where are our tickets?" Zach asked.

"I have them right here," Gabe said holding up a handful of tickets.

"Great, lets go. I don't want to be here any longer," I said grabbing mine and putting my charger in my bag. Then I took it and put it on my back. I grabbed my violin before I forgot about it. It was amazing how we could keep our gifts without be asked questions.

We all walked over to the door leading to the plane. Some women stood at the door checking tickets. Soon they checked ours and we were finding our seats.

"I hope this plane can get off the ground quickly, I am sick of waiting for planes to take off," I commented as I looked out the window. We were all in different seats all over the plane this time. I sat next to some man who was reading a book.

"What did you say?" asked the man. He wore glasses and a short sleeved shirt with a sweater vest on top. He had short hair but enough to cover his ears. Sorta like Gabe. His hair was colored black though.

"Oh, sorry. I was just saying that I hate how it takes like a half an hour to get the plane off the ground," I said as I turned around.

"Oh, yes. They do take forever don't they. That's why I take a book, it always is faster that way," he smiled and turned back to his book. We had a seat in the middle of us so I could still have my own window. Though I would have preferred a seat on the outside.

Then the plane started to move, the rhythm of the plane was soothing. Though like I had wished the plane took off in about 5 minutes. My knuckles were white and I gripped the seat tightly. Though the man didn't seem to notice.

'Oh my god. This is the worst part,' I said to myself as I closed my eyes.

'''''''''''''''''''

"Hey, excuse me, but we have landed," I felt a soft nudge on my shoulder. I opened my eyes slowly. The same man sat next to me. I saw that we had landed and were moving to the gate.

"Oh, thanks. I hadn't realized that I had fallen asleep. Sorry that you had to wake me up," I said to him. I leaned down I get my bag, my violin was in the overhead compartment.

"No, no. I wouldn't want you to get caught on this flight again," he smiled as he closed his book. The plane stopped and we were all allowed to get our bags again.

'Hey guys lets meet just outside at the baggage claim. Is that ok?" Sapphire's voice rang through my head. She was a little too loud, I couldn't hear my thoughts. I clutched my head in pain.

"Next time... don't be so painful," Zach's voice was quieter and sounded like he was also in pain.

I decided I would be one of the last few people off the plane. I was in the back where few people where. I knew the others would get off at first sight that they could. We wouldn't need to get anything from baggage claim. We all had our gifts in special bags that were in the overhead compartments.

"Well I hope we meet again, green haired girl," he said as he waved and walked down the aisle.

"You to glass dude," I called back.