chapter two.

I woke up in an empty bed. Drew must have left when he got up this morning. I glance over at my clock, it read 9:33. I gasped and sat up in my bed. Then i realized it was Saturday and laughed at myself. I pulled my hair up into a bun and crawled out of bed. I headed out of my bedroom when the smell of eggs and bacon entered my nose. Curious, i wandered into the kitchen to find Drew cooking breakfest. He hadnt noticed me yet, so i stood there, taking in his gorgeous body. His brown hair was in all directions, and his toned back was tan as can be. I finally walked over to him, glancing over his shoulder. 

"Well, good morning." He said smiling at me. He was still there. My best friend. He was still there from the night before. I smiled back, "Morning." He pulled two plates out of my cabinet. "I thought you might be hungry when you got up, so i made us some breakfest." He put eggs and bacon on two plates and sat them at the table. He sat in front of one plate and began eating. I pulled the other chair out and did the same. Halfway through eating, i broke the silence. "Thanks for last night." i whispered, still looking down at my plate. "Of course, always." He replied. I smiled to myself. We finished and i cleaned up our plates. We headed into the living room. We sat down next to each other. We just sat there for a few mintues. I felt his gaze on me. I looked up from under my brown bangs, and saw him looking at me with... awe? i didnt understand the emotion in his eyes. He had a girlfriend. Why would he be looking at me like that? 

I lifted my head up to meet his gaze. He slowed started leaning in, and i did the same. Our eyes closed and our lips were about to meet. Then his phone rang. He jumped up, pulling his phone out from his pocket. "Hello?" He answered. "Yeah, sure. Bye" He hung up his phone and put it back into his pocket. "That was, uh," He cleared his throat, "That was Melissa. Me and her are going to go out to lunch." My heart dropped. What the hell is going on with me? He aparently noticed something off. "Is that okay?" he asked, a sad look in his eye. "Drew, its your girlfriend. Why does it need to be okay with me?" I said, quietly. I walked out of the room and into the bathroom, locking the door. 

I heard him walk past the door. Then past it again. And then i heard the front door shut. I leaned against the sink. I dont have feelings for him, do i? I shook my head. I dont even know what goes on in my head half of the time. I decided to take a shower, so i do so. I got dressed for the day and decided to do something fun. Me and Amber had planned out to go shopping today. So she picked me up around noon and we headed to the mall. 

We pulled into a parking space and got out, locking the car. We shopped at a few places. We had to find an outfit for tonight because we were going to a party. I liked going to parties. I tried not to get that drunk though. That was a little too much fun for me. So i usually just go to dance and hang out with people. I found a cute black cocktail dress with sparkles on the top half. I bought black strappy heels that went perfect with them. Amber found a red v-neck strapless dress that came about to her knees. She was going to wear black flats that she already had at home. After looking around a little bit longer, we started to head back to my house so we could get ready.

"I cant wait for tonight! Im so excited. You know its going to be at Adams house, right? Its so big. I love when he throws parties! Oh, he has the greatest drinks ever too. And the best music! We are for sure going to have fun tonight." Amber rambled on. Needless to say, she was big on parties. She knows who has the best drinks, best music, blah blah blah. I just chuckled at her. "Is Drew going tonight?" She asked me. I shrugged. "I dont know, i havent asked him about it but probably." She just nodded and we pulled into my driveway. 

It was about 5 and the party was going to start at 8 so we began getting ready. Me and Amber have to be the slowest people at getting ready ever so yeah. I pulled my dress out of the bag and pulled it on. Amber did the same. By the time we were completely done getting ready, it was 7:30. I hurried into the bathroom to look over myself before we left. I had curled my long brown hair perfect, the curls falling down my back. My makeup was silver, glittery, eyeshadow with some mascara and a tiny bit of eyeliner. I looked over again and nodded my head. We headed out the door and to the party.

We pulled up at about 8:15 and the whole party was already in full blast. As soon as we got into the doors, Amber ditched me. I laughed to myself. I headed out to find someone to hang out with for a little bit. I searched the crowd of people dancing in the room. I spotted Drew dancing with Melissa. Okay, more like Melissa was grinding on him but moving on now. I spotted Adam, the one throwing the party, and headed over to talk to him for a bit. We chatted here and there and decided to go dance. I had a couple drinks and we were all having fun. I looked over to the chair and Melissa was sitting on Drews lap, making out hardcore. I started getting really heated. My fists clenched. He doesnt care about you, Jamie. Only her. I walked off into the kitchen. I grabbed more to drink. A few guys i knew from school were in there taking shots. So i joined them. I did shot after shot after shot. I lost track eventually. 

I headed back out to the dance floor. I found a cute looking guy, around my age, and started grinding on him. I was having so much fun.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up in my bedroom. My head was pounding really bad. I saw coffee sitting on my side table, still hot, so i drank it. Who took me home last night? How much did i drink? I didnt remember a thing. I headed into the living room to find Drew sleeping on my couch. Oh, now i remember something. Him making out with Melissa. Thats it. Nothing else though. I heard a yawn and saw Drew sit up. I sat next to him. "Why did you drink that much last night?" He looked mad. "Why are you asking? Its not like you care." I snapped back. "I dont care? Hm, really. Because if i didnt care i could have left you there last night. If i didnt care i wouldnt have beat the living shit out of this guy that was forcing you do have sex with him. If i didnt care i wouldnt have taken you home last night. And if i didnt care i still wouldnt be here right now." He yelled at me. I felt guilty. I didnt know what to say. So i just sat there, silent. I put my head in my hands, a couple tears flowing down my face. I wiped my eyes. Drews eyes changed. "Jamie, come here. Im sorry for yelling at you." He opened his arms. I shook my head. "No, its okay i deserved it." i whispered. He sighed. "No, you didnt." He pulled me to him and held me softly. 

Why couldnt it stay like this forever?