Chapter 4

Peeta stammers, "Well, sure, I can make chocolate cake. I love baking, in general, so cake is easy. Why do you ask?"

Tobias waves a hand dismissively. "Oh, it's an inside joke. And," he adds, "I really do love chocolate cake."

I smile. "You're just like one of our friends, Finnick. He loved sugar cubes. That's actually, funny story, how we met."

Tobias frowns. "Sugar cubes? Ugh."

Peeta raises his arms in a what-can-you-do gesture. "You have the same personality as he did."

Cocky, arrogant, until secrets and few people led them both to vulnerability.

Tobias thinks for a moment, and says, "Do you two want to come and see Chicago with me?"

I look at Peeta, and his glance says, We're not going to get any other opportunity like this. Let's do it. The old mischief and curiosity creeps back from a long time ago.

My head swings back to Tobias. "Let's do it."

Mrs. Everdeen grins, probably because of the fact that we made new friends. Sometimes, I still see the "mom" side in her that won't go away. "I'll take care of Rue and the baby. Peeta, Katniss, go with him."

She knows fairly well I can protect myself on my own.

Peeta goes into the house and grabs his sourdough batch. "Who wants some?" he says.

Tobias eagerly rips off a hunk and chews. "Mmmm," he exclaims, "warm and chewy. Better than the cold gruel we had in Dauntless."

Peeta carefully rolls up his bread. "Should bring this on the road," he says, and winks at me and Tobias.

We start to get up and brush off dirt and grass.

"Come," Tobias extends a hand. "Now it's time to see my world."

••••••••hope it wasn't too boring••••••••
thanks though 💕 make sure you vote!