u n e x p e c t e d t h i n g s

-narrator

"I love you too." Jungkook cried. The two smiled and walked away together, ditching the people they first arrived with. "I'm so sorry for what I did Jungkook." Tae suddenly apologized. Jungkook reverted her memories to the moment Woo Bin had done something to her, but shook it off. "You were trying to protect me.."

"But I failed." Taehyung sighed as he shook his head slowly. "In the end, he still got what he wanted." Jungkook took her hand and placed it on his cheek. "This isn't the end Tae. I wanna be happy with you. That's how I want it to end."

"Jungkook, I-"

"Tae, it's alright."

Jungkook smiled lightly. "He doesn't have what he wants. You have it." She squeezed Tae's cheek softly. "You have me."

"Jungkookie, does that mean that we're together again?" The male asks, full of hope. "Yeah." She responds nodding.

The two smiled as they held hands, and continued walking through the mall with Jungkook taking cute big steps, and Tae walking normally. "I love how you move." The boy smiles. Jungkook then looked at her boyfriend confused. "What do you mean?"

"How you're walking right now."

"It's nothin special."

"But you are."

"I'm not." Jungkook looked down, but Tae lifted her chin up. "You are."
Jungkook shook her head. "I'm just a strange girl with the name of a boy."

"Well that name is beautiful, and so are you." Tae now positioned his large hands on her tiny shoulders. "Don't doubt yourself baby, you're special. You're amazing." Jungkook shook her head again. "Then why don't other people think so?" The young girl's boyfriend sighed. "They can't see who you really are, but I can. What I see is rare and full of beauty. I wanna protect that."

It was one of these moments where Jungkook felt amazing. Time stopped for the both of them due to the heart aching moment. Their surroundings disappeared, and the only thing that Jungkook heard was the sweet sound of the boy's voice. "If anything's amazing, then you are. It's not me.." Jungkook spoke, but Taehyung disagreed. "Trust me when I say so. You are intelligent, unique, caring, beautiful and hardworking. Plus you're the one that I love."

"I-im not a-all those things." The girl began to stutter as tears escaped from the corner of her eyes. "What's keeping you from loving yourself Kookie?" Tae questioned, pulling Jungkook into a hug. "You're all those things, and so much more."

"While you went to school, I stayed at home..." Jungkook began. "There, even though I tried to avoid everyone, I started getting death threats by other girls through texts. Woo Bin said that I threw myself onto him after you and I broke up." She cried. "P-people thought I was just using you or something, and called me a slut." The girl then buried her face into Taehyung's chest, her tears seeping through his clothing. "They said I was fake and called me stupid, ugly, and insensitive." She sobbed.

Tae looked down his crying beauty and felt tears slide down his own cheeks. He was crying as well. "Shhh..." He shushed, running his fingers through her long brown hair. "We'll be alright...I promise."

"Y-you promise?"

"Yes Kookie, I promise."

"Can you make me another promise TaeTae?"

"Mhm, what is it?"

"Promise me that you'll never leave me."

"Why would I do that? You already know that I'd never ever leave you again."

"Because everyone else has except for Jiyu. She doesn't come home a lot though.."

"What do you mean 'everyone'? Who left you?"

"My parents, my doggie, my old friends..." Jungkook started to cry once more. "Everyone that I held dear to me. I don't want you to disappear either"

"I won't leave you. I promise."

Jungkook's P.O.V

"I won't leave you. I promise." Tae told me as he ran his fingers through my hair.
I love hearing his voice.

Those words floated around in my mind. Hearing them was one thing, but believing them was another. What if Woo Bin comes back? Will Tae really stay with me and continue to protect me?

These thoughts hurt my head, or maybe that was just my condition...Either way, it still hurts.

"Tae..." I called his name softly as I slid down to the floor. At that point, my vision started to blur and Tae's voice was faint.

What's happening?