Prologue

She was supposed to be at home. She was supposed to be finishing her shift at Fifteen. She was supposed to be at the Penny tonight celebrating Oliver's birthday with Sam, Frank, Noelle, and her fellow rookies. She was supposed to be doing anything but running, and, no, she was not running from Sam- not this time. Everything was perfect with Sam. Things could not be any better. Instead, she was running from Dalton Newport.

Newport was an infamous drug lord and trafficker from Toronto. In fact, he was the biggest and most dangerous one in all of Canada. He was practically untouchable. Well, he was until a few months ago when Andy busted him. She worked undercover for five months before she could finally get him for murder. He was in prison now with a life sentence, yet, somehow he was able to leak her name to his men.

They sent a threat to Fifteen Division, more specifically to Andy McNally. She and Oliver were on the streets that day, when he got a message from Best.

"Get McNally back to the barn and my office ASAP... lights and sirens. Do NOT stop for anything."

It was from this point on that Andy McNally would be on the run.

A tear fell from her cheek for the thought of not knowing when she could see Sam, Traci, or her dad. She left them with out a goodbye- without any explanation. She snapped back to reality as the engine shut off.

"Where are we?" she asked. Andy had been asleep for the majority of the drive. She looked over to the driver's side.

"Detroit," Frank replied.

"Michigan?" Andy asked.

"Yeah. I'm getting you as far from Toronto as I can. When we get to the airport, I want you to get on the first flight as far south as possible."

"Yes, sir. Make sure my dad's okay? And Sam. I know how he his. You do too. Tell him, I love him and give him this. I know, I know, the fewer who know the better, but I can not just get up and leave him," Andy said as she handed him a letter.

"Will do, McNally, and I understand." Frank responded. At that, Andy hugged him.

She knew it was unprofessional to hug her boss, but she didn't care. Oliver and Frank were like fathers to her. They were always looking out for her. He was the last person from Fifteen for a while- the last of her family, her friends, and her life. Not only did she say goodbye to her life, but she also said goodbye to Andy McNally.

Two weeks later, Ava Mae Taylor sat in her Jacksonville apartment. She was starting to liked it here. Ava had finally cut all ties with Andy McNally, or so she thought. There was only one thing that still tied her to her old life, to Sam Swarek.

She was pregnant.