chapter four

A single gunshot rang through out the woods. Andy froze. Scott's body fell beside her. Andy released a sob when Traci ran to her side. She hugged Traci and cried.

"Sama-," Andy choked into Traci's chest.

"He's on his way, sweetie."

"No. No Samantha. Samantha!" Andy yelled as she ran to the child's room.

"Mommy!" Samantha cried. Andy picked her up and hugged her. Andy placed her back on her feet and knelt to the ground. She placed her hands on either side of her head and kissed her forehead.

"Are you okay, Rookie?" Andy asked. Samantha nodded. Andy knew Oliver and Traci had questions, but they both knew it wasn't the time to ask them.

"Umm, Andy, you need to get checked by a medic and get your statement taken," Oliver said. Andy wiped her tears.

"Rookie, can you stay with your Aunt Traci? Mommy needs to talk to your Uncle Ollie for a minute."

"Yes, Mommy."

Andy and Oliver walked into the living room. She sat down and gave her statement. The paramedics soon came in and dressed her wounds and stitched up her forehead.

"Andy?" Sam said in shock. His heart broke into a million pieces when he saw her petite body bruised and beat up. He couldn't believe that after almost six years, he finally saw her again. Tears welded in his eyes. Andy looked over the back of the couch. She pushed the paramedic away. She would have ran to him, but she walked slowly out of shock.

"Sam," It was him. She was finally with him again!

"McNally," he walked slowly over to her and hugged her. The hug felt as if it lasted for ever. Neither wanted it to end. " It's really you. I missed you so so so much."

"I know. I did too," Andy whispered. "It's over," she cried, "its finally over." Andy was sobbing now. Sam placed his hand on the back of her head and kissed her forehead softly.

"I love you," Sam said.

"I love yo-," Andy was quickly interrupted by Samantha.

"Mommy!" Samantha said as she pulled on Andy's shirt. Sam looked at Andy.

"McNally- Andy, who-who is she?"

"Rookie, why don't you introduce yourself?"

"Hi, I'm Samantha Grace Taylor. Well Mommy says I'm not anymore. Now, she says my real name is Samantha Grace Swarek!"

Swarek? A million thoughts ran through Sam's mind.

"She-she's mine?"