Chapter 20

The morning sun had peeked its weary head above the mountainside, shining its warm sunlight onto all before it with a serene welcome to a new day. It wasn't long before the entire village was hard at work for the big day of princess poppy and branch. They all hurried to their stations excitedly, preparing the tables for the reception area in the square and triple checking every list. Biggie and smidge were hard at work setting up the decorations they had worked so hard on making for the wedding and reception, branch showed up in the square in the afternoon, offering assistance. White tablecloths on every table with a glass bowl in the center, filled with colored stones and a single candle lay in the center of the stones. Fresh mint leaves garnishing the table cloths. Torch pillars aligned with each walkway into the square with white ribbons and lily of the valley pods all connected through thin tapestry cloth thin enough to see the stars. DJ and guy diamond were setting up her sound station in the far end of the square where there was enough room to make a dance floor for the whole village. Doing sound and light checks to make sure all was perfect and secure. Guy diamond was testing the mics, getting carried away with singing a few songs as he was "Checking" for any imperfections, occasionally strumming the guitars and tapping the drums, cymbals and other instruments needed for the reception. Cooper had been busy with several other trolls in the kitchens. Preparing the menu he and branch had created together. Several platters of meats, cheeses and crackers were prepared, along with fruit bowls and sweets such as cupcakes, cookies and tarts. The finest and hardest thing on the list was a large wedding cake that sat in the center of a large counter top, still being  finished by cooper and a few trolls. A large, five tier cake with a white buttercream frosting, decorated with candied mint leaves and chilled, sugared strawberries with marshmallow gum paste flowers. Satin and chenille were adding the finishing touches to branch's tuxedo and poppy's dress. Along with the brides maid and groomsmen tuxedos for everyone in the wedding. After making the dresses and tuxes for themselves and the gentlemen, they mainly focused on poppy's dress. Both looking rather proud and satisfied with themselves for having created something they consider to be their "Finest work". They set the two trolls' attire in large, separate boxes for delivery. One twin taking one box, and vice versa, they set out looking for the couple.

Poppy stood in her windowsill overlooking the village, arms crossed over gently resting onto her knees. She watched every troll hustle and work their hardest to provide a once in a lifetime event for them. She was grateful to have such fine, hardworking people in her village, and silently thanked them all one by one in her mind. Time had gone by faster today than she would have intended. But time often passes by when one tends not to think of it. Continuously looking onward to the square, she felt herself become anxious, but with a tad amount of worry. Suddenly she hear the patter of footsteps and huffing coming her way. Followed by a brief shout. "Who in the hair had the idea to put so many stairs in here"! An old voiced huffed heavily. Followed by another higher pitched voice, "Um... YOU did sire...". They said nervously. "Ah, yes, very good then....". The previous voice replied. Poppy smiled softly, chuckling to herself. She turned her head to see her father hobbling towards her with his cane and hand on his back, obviously tired from the trip up the long stairway. He looked to her with a warm and happy face as he sat beside her on her sill, looking to their people working so hard for this glorious day. 

"My dearest poppy. Today is the big day! Are you excited"?! He asked energetically. She was happy to see him so..... well...peppy. "Of course. I can't wait to go down the isle with you dad. And to see everyone, dance and sing and be around the people love....". She trailed off as she looked out to the people, holding her stomach, holding a concerned look. Peppy was concerned just by her look alone. Was she afraid? Was she getting cold feet? Of was there something else wrong. "Honey, what's wrong? Are you afraid"? Peppy asked softly. Poppy shook her head, looking to him with a worried facial expression. "No, no, no dad, nothing like that, I....I just....dad....Do you think I will be a good queen? Do you think I'll be able to lead everyone? And keep them safe like you did all these years? Will I....be enough? For them"? She asked sincerely. Peppy chuckled to himself quietly. Understanding her concern to be able to protect and lead her people properly. "Poppy, I have no doubt in my mind that you will be able to rule over troll kingdom without much difficulty. Not only will I be here to advise you on certain matters, but you will also have branch to look to for support as well. He's a very resourceful young man and knows many dangers in the wild as well as how to repel them. His know how is not only useful, but practical as well. You love your people as well as their problems and you are always to lend a helping hand whenever needed. You will do just fine as queen my dear. Don't worry so much". King peppy finished with a soft and slanted smile.