Kiss me Goodnight - Yogcast Fanfiction!

Kiss me goodnight

Kim X Duncan

Kim awoke with a start that night as she heard the sound of a nearby skeleton. She knew it was nothing to worry about, Duncan would deal with it. Yet a nagging weight in her chest seemed to throw her into a sitting position, then a standing, and then she walked out of the house, slightly groggy and tired. She was right, Duncan was awake and was busy destroying the skeleton.

"You're up early." He said, smiling kindly.

"You look tired. Been up all night?" She retorted rather than asked, her tone shocking herself. Duncan didn't quite seem to notice, he was used go Kim being harsh on him regarding... well almost everything. Not that he minded, it was nice to have someone concerned for his safety.

"In fact I have. Fixed the staircase to the second floor, got rid of the blood in our furnace. Probably killed one or two cows for food earlier on but let's not talk about that..." He shuddered a little at the thought of killing cows. Watching them writhe in pain was unsettling. He didn't feel the need to tell Kim he jumped from the top of the hill down into the river again, she would just get mad. And then again, it was nice having someone to worry for his safety. Kim just rolled her eyes. She liked having Duncan around, just because. She did enjoy making stuff with him, going on the most amazing adventures, more amazing than she could ever possibly imagine, building the "sex dungeon" - which was actually just the basement workshop - with the most immature and wildest fantasies floating about, nagging at her morals, at her innocence.

At her feelings.

Yes, Kim was in Love, and it was bliss.

"Kim?" A low, husky voice woke her from her trance. She looked up, and could see his beautiful eyes sparkling, full of kindness and concern. And something else.

"Yeah? Sorry I spaced out a little there." Kim mumbled a little, feeling tired. Duncan could tell.

"You don't look too good. Go to bed, I'll be there in a bit."

"Don't be silly. I'm here to help, I'm bored. I wanna help!"

"Nope. Off you go!"

"Meanie." Kim pouted a little, which in fact might have been the cutest thing Duncan could imagine. He sighed. With a silly grin on his face, Duncan picked her up and carried Kim back into the house, as though she was a princess. His princess.

"Hey! Hey put me down-"

"Nope." Duncan laughed as he carried back a half-complaining Kim back. Kim could feel how warm he felt, how strong his arms really were and how protectively they were wrapped around her. It was bliss. In the state the were, this was happiness.

Duncan tucked her in, as she wondered what he had planned for the next day. Perhaps they would finish that wind turbine. Or assign rooms in the new home. She wanted a room near Duncan, where she could listen to the sound of his soft snoring, and watch him sleep. Perhaps it was a little creepy, but she just felt he looked cute asleep.

Perhaps, she might even find the courage to tell him her feelings. But for this moment as Duncan walked away, Kim held onto the sleeve of his lab coat and - slightly awkward and shy - mumbled "Can't you kiss me goodnight, just this once?"