Five Years

Maybe it wasn't the best idea, but it was the only thing left to do. Duncan set up the Linking Book, and smiled at Kim.

"Are you ready, my love?"

"I was born ready!" She whooped, pressing her palm against the book. Duncan watched as she pixelated, and then vanished. He sighed, hoping nothing would go wrong when they left Panda Labs. There was nothing left to do.

He placed his palm upon the page, feeling the heat that Kim left behind. He watched as his hand appeared to glitch, light beginning to blind. It tickled a little. He could still hear the meowing of that cat, and a soft humming noise of something comforting him, telling him to be brave. Even here, The Voice of the Void was still trying to help, hauntingly, even though Duncan understood nothing of it. The light washed over him, everything was being engulfed in the rays of every color of the spectrum, all was gone, twisting, turning, vanishing. Everything had been swallowed by the rays of light that blinded him. There was the haunting, howling sound of the crying wind, so many voices that spoke to Duncan, and only Duncan. It was apparent, that the Voices was there to guide him, and he was sure that Kim did not see or hear the same things. The howling wind blew so fast and hard that his coat threatened to fly far away from him, that the things he held close to him would have flown away and vanished. And then one Voice called out : Hold, hold.

The Voices murmured an agreement, things seemed to have shifted, like they knew exactly where Duncan was going to land.

You will be safe here, Lalna.

Duncan squeezed his eyes shut, as a very fast - and oddly comforting - sensation of warping came over him, and before he knew it Duncan had travelled to the new Dimension. He blinked, as Kim danced in the bright rays of light before him, her radiant smile playing on her lips as she danced with her eyes closed, living in the moment, so gracefully, so enchanting. Duncan found himself watching her, transfixed. The lights that reflected off her glowing skin, and that purple goo that shone and sparkled. She was beautiful. And Duncan understood again, like he always did, why he went through all that trouble - Because he loved her. He looked around, they stood in the middle of a roofed forest, with pools of light shining a golden color. Kim stopped, smiling. She was happy, as she reached out a hand to Duncan. He smiled, reaching out a gloved hand to take it. Wordlessly, but pleasantly, they walked towards the opening of the forest's mouth, and glanced out.

There, in the heart of it all, was a lake, sparkling in the golden sun. Kim breathed a contented, happy sigh.

"I'm so glad we came here." She said, squeezing his hand tightly, and for a moment Duncan forgot why they were there in the first place.

But I Don't Really Think It Matters.

*** *** ***

Sometimes I sit and wonder,

Have I been forgiven?

For those years before now,

For being naive and idiotic.

Have I been forgiven?

For being so blind,

For being manipulated.

Have I been forgiven?

"Yes, you have."

*** *** ***

"Starry night, isn't it?" Said the ice-haired boy as he sat down next to me. I just smiled, staring out from the roof of our hut. The night wind blew harshly, but with Tull by my side I think I've experience worse colds. I just smiled and stared out into that infinity we called 'the sky'. I wondered if I could count all the stars before I collapsed into an exhausted heap. Then Tull reached around me and put an arm around my shoulders, pulling us closer. I just leaned on him. There was a long silence before I spoke up.