Courage To Ask

The next day I wasn't myself at all. I didn't wake up until 8:30 the next morning and walked in the office at 10:00.

All through the night I kept thinking of the possibility of taking Joey on a date. Would he want too though following the events from yesterday. As I walked in I saw Emi working through some paperwork I had asked her to do so I didn't have to do it. She handed me a clear folder which contained the event details from yesterday. "Joey's incident report," she mumbled as she continued to type. "Someone tampered with the settings of the duel disks with a proxy account. We are not able to trace it at this moment in time."

"I'll look into it myself after I've caught up with this mornings reports," I said sitting at my desk. "Tell me Emi do you think Joey would go on a date... with me?"

"After what you did I think he would punch you," Emi laughed making me drop my head in shame. Even my PA knew what happened. That's a pay raise right there to keep her quiet. "But I think if you talked to him face to face. You may stand a chance."

Emi laughed as she stood and handed me a piece of paper. It was Joey's contact details he gave us when he signed the contract. "Life is too short and I know your business is important but as much as I don't want to say it," Emi took a large sigh before continuing with a soft smile. "I care about your happiness. Heba would have wanted you to be happy too."

I growled knowing she was right! My happiness needs to be put forward every now and then too. I took at my cell phone and dialled the number. I heard the dial tone go for a few seconds before there was an answer. I heard Joey on the other end. He voice was low and sounded as if he was still half a sleep. "Hello."

"It's me mutt."

"I am not a mutt!" I saw Emi wince. 

"Look how are you?" I asked as I felt my cheeks burn up.

"I -I'm fine."

"Listen I have dinner reservations tonight at 7:00 and was wondering if you join me?"

The phone went silent until I heard a soft "yes" and then the phone was hung up. "Well I'll book your usually place," Emi giggled as she picked up the work phone and started the preparations for tonight's date. "Hello, this is Seto Kaiba's PA. Oh hello Julie. Yes can I have a table for two please. Ha, I wish it was me but what girl doesn't. No it's for his date tonight so we will need a private booth. 7:00. Okay brilliant thank you Julie."

"You get along well it anyone don't you?" I asked opening up my laptop.

"It's my job" Emi smiled. "Now I'm going to arrange for your good suit to be delivered to the office for 6:00 and the car for 6:30. I'll arrange for Joey's car as well."

"You know, I'm secretly glad I hired you."  I don't want to admit it but if it wasn't for the Moto siblings I wouldn't have the courage to go on my first date tonight.