three

"Hey sunshine."

"I guess I was more tired than I thought." Carrie laughed, fluttering her eyes open. Carole was reading in the chair beside her bed.

"How are you feeling?"

"A little better. Everything is still pretty sore." Carrie said, sitting up a little.

"Understandable. You're probably going to be sore for a while. You took a pretty bad hit." Carole sat her book down and filled Carrie's glass with fresh water.

"Did Mike go home?"

"Yeah, he wanted to stay but he was here all night with you while you were unconscious so I made him go get some sleep. He should be back pretty soon."

"He's really sweet." Carrie smiled. "I like him."

"I'm glad." Carole took Carrie's hand. "He's a good one."

For the next hour, Carole answered questions and told Carrie things about her life while they waited for Mike to get back with dinner. When he came back, Carole left to get some rest and leave them alone.

"I got my sleep, now tell me another story." Carrie smiled, opening her sandwich.

"Man you're eager." He chuckled. "Alright let's see, where were we?"

"I came to Canada for New Years."

"Right. You came up for New Years and we had our first kiss." Mike smiled, thinking back to that weekend.

"Hi!!" The blonde squealed, immediately hugging Mike when she saw him.

"Hey, I'm glad you made it!" Mike reciprocated the hug. "How was your flight?"

"Great! Glad to be finally be here." Carrie laughed. Mike took Carrie's suitcase and led her out to his car. "I was afraid I was going to miss the party."

"I'm glad you're here. It's going to be fun." They hopped into his car and headed away from the airport.

"What time is the party tonight again?"

"I think it starts at 6 but we can get there whenever. Don't rush just because your flight was delayed." Mike said.

"Sounds good. I'm excited." Carrie smiled. "It's so beautiful here. Even more beautiful than I remember."

"Yeah the snow makes it even prettier. I love this time of year." Mike said, driving down the backroad to his house.

"Wow, your house is gorgeous."

Mike pulled into the driveway of his small house. "Thank you."

"This view is incredible." Carrie stood in awe as she walked up the front porch that overlooked layers of mountains.

"Yeah, my favorite thing is sitting here and watching the sunrise with coffee in the mornings."

"I will most definitely join you in that." Carrie smiled.