nine

"I'm nervous."

"Why?" Mike chuckled. "Because I'm getting ready to tell you about the night you lost your virginity?"

Carrie blushed, covering her face with her hands and laughing.

"I don't have to tell you about it if you don't want me to."

"No no, I do." Carrie nodded, she pulled her knees up closer to her chest against the end of the couch. "It's just weird."

"After you." Mike opened the car door, extending his hand forward to help Carrie out of the car. Carrie smiled, cupping his hand as they walked up the pathway to their lakeside cabin.

When they reached the door, Mike opened it and swept Carrie off her feet as he carried her inside.

"Oh my goodness." Candles lined the entranceway, leading a path through the living room and down to their bedroom. Roses were scattered across the floor.

Mike grinned as he carried her through the house and into their bedroom.

"This is gorgeous." Carrie said in awe as Mike let her down. More candles were surrounding the bed with roses everywhere. A basket of cupcakes and goodies sat on the nightstand.

Mike wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder. "Just wanted to make it special."

"I love you." Carrie turned in his arms, looping hers around his neck. "Today was the greatest day of my entire life."

Instead of replying, Mike kissed her softly. Carrie brought her hand up to the back of his neck, deepening the kiss.

"Do you still want to do this?" Mike pulled back just enough to be able to speak.

Carrie nodded, pulling him back into her lips.

"I've been waiting years for this." She muttered between kisses, pulling him as close as possible to her.

Mike felt Carrie's tongue graze over his front teeth as he fumbled with the zipper on her dress. As he slid it down, he could feel Carrie flinch as it fell to the ground.

Mike led her over to the bed, letting her fall against it as he hovered over her. The couple shared languid kisses as Mike discarded his shirt and Carrie fumbled with his pants.

Kissing her collarbones, Mike could feel her tense up.

"Just relax." Mike whispered, caressing her cheek as he looked into her eyes. "I promise, this will feel good."

Carrie nodded, swallowing hard. Her stomach was doing flips. She'd never been so exposed to someone before. She'd never done anything like this.

"I love you." Mike kissed her forehead softly and then began to kiss down her body.

"I don't think I want to hear anymore." Carrie laughed, her cheeks extremely red. "It's getting weird."

"Okay." Mike laughed, shaking his head.

"I can't imagine myself having sex even though we probably do it all the time."

"If it makes you feel any better, you're really good in bed." Mike laughed, winking at her.

"Ah ew no." Carrie waved her hands in the air, hiding her face. "Don't tell me that."

Mike thought it was cute to see Carrie embarrassed like that. It reminded him of when they'd just gotten together and everything embarrassed her.

"What?" Carrie giggled, seeing that he was staring at her.

"You're just cute." Mike smiled.

Carrie smiled goofily, scrunching her shoulders up and blushing. "Tell me more. Tell me about the honeymoon."

"Good morning sunshine."

Carrie fluttered her eyes open, the light blinding her.

"Good mornin." She croaked, smiling up at Mike. He was laying beside her, propped up on his elbow lightly playing with her hair. Carrie turned to lay on her side and face him.

"Sleep well?"

"How could I not when I'm in your arms?" Carrie grinned.

"How are you feeling?" Mike reached over and pushed a strand of blonde hair off her face.

"Like I've been hit a truck." Carrie giggled. "But I'm okay."

"I'm sorry." Mike frowned, knowing it was his fault.

"It's okay. It was worth it." Carrie smiled, placing her hand on top of his. "Last night was perfect, everything about yesterday was perfect."

Mike kissed her forehead. "I love you."

"What time do we have to leave for the airport?"

"Not until later this afternoon. We have the day to lay around and chill." Mike said, rubbing her arm.

"Good." Carrie giggled, crawling on top of him. "I never want to leave this bed."

"I can't believe I finally get to call you my wife." Mike ran his hands up and down her sides.

Carrie cupped his cheeks and kissed him hard. "I love you"

"Was last night everything you thought it would be?"

"No, it hurt a lot worse." Carrie laughed. "But yes, overall, it was even better than I thought it would be."

"It'll hurt less with time. I'm sorry."

"Like I said, it was worth it." Carrie smiled, kissing him again. "You were very worth the wait."