Chapter 7

I woke up the following morning still feeling tired. I got ready for the day and left early so I could stop by the cafe before going to Pax.

I began my walk to the convention center, still feeling a little dazed and sleepy. I entered the cafe and found Craig sitting on one of the couches.

Of course Mini is here.

He didn't notice me until I walked over to sit next to him.

"Hey. Anyone sitting here?" I pointed to the empty spot next to him.

"Yeah, you are," he grabbed my hand and pulled me onto the couch. I felt my face heat up and I smiled at him.

"Geez," I giggled sheepishly.

"So, you going to Pax?" Craig asked before sipping his coffee.

"Yeah, I just stopped here to get a drink to wake me up," I tiredly rubbed my eye and yawned.

Craig then promptly stood up from the couch. I looked at him confused, and he grabbed my hand to help me up. He led me to the cashier.

"Um, I'll have (tea/coffee)," I muttered.

"Okay, that will be $2.00," she spoke while she typed something into the cash register.

I reached down into my pocket to get money from my wallet, but Craig laid down two dollar bills before I pulled my wallet out.

"Craig, you don't have to-"

"Its okay," he said and smiled at me. I blushed a bit and looked to the side.

"T-thanks," I muttered and grinned at him. The lady behind the counter handed me my drink, and I thanked her.

"I should probably go to the convention center. Thanks for the drink," I said as I started to walk to the door. I stopped and turned to look back at him when he said my name from behind me.

"Can I have your number?" he asked, his face slightly red. He gave me his phone so I could type in my number. I finished and gave his phone back to him.

"I'll see you tonight," I smiled. Without thinking, I leaned forward and gave him a hug. I felt at ease as I felt his warmth against me. His strong arms around my waist made my whole body heat up. I let him go and walked out of the cafe quickly to hide my red face.